What will I lose if I reset all settings?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Will I lose contacts, notes, reminders etc? Should I do a back up first?

Choosing the "Reset All Settings" options will do just that - reset any settings/preferences to their default setting. It should not delete any data or any installed apps.

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Reset all will wipe the device ... Are you having problems that require a reset?

Not really problems, but there were some settings in iOS6 that aren't in iOS7. Like when using maps for GPS I believe there was a setting for loudness which I cannot find now. Now when listening to music and gps at the same time Siri comes on blaring when a new direction comes up. I was hoping that resetting all settings would fix this. Plus I read it might help with battery life on iOS7.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
(snipped) Like when using maps for GPS I believe there was a setting for loudness which I cannot find now. (snipped).

The setting is still there. At the bottom of the screen while in navigation mode, there are 3 icons: 3D, 3 lines and a speaker icon. If you don't readily see them, just tap on the screen. Anyway, tap on the speaker icon and make your adjustment.

bgriff25

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
The setting is still there. At the bottom of the screen while in navigation mode, there are 3 icons: 3D, 3 lines and a speaker icon. If you don't readily see them, just tap on the screen. Anyway, tap on the speaker icon and make your adjustment.

You Rock! Thanks!

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Will I lose contacts, notes, reminders etc? Should I do a back up first?

Resetting all settings tells you my man.

It doesn't erase any media what it does is resets your settings to factory.

It technically defrags your phone. Cleans out caches and such. You will have to reenter passwords for wifi and set your wallpapers again etc.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Will i lose my data on games and apps and photos and emails

NO, just any preferences set with the games/apps, like notifications, location use, etc. If you "Erase all content and restore" it will take all that away. But Reset All Settings is non-destructive outside of the app settings.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods