Can I unlock a Canadian T-Mobile phone for US AT&T use?

JBW5

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I was given a new Canadian tmobile iPhone 4S. Is there a way to unlock this and use it with my AT&T plan? I was quoted at $165 for the unlock by a local guy that does them. He said its a difficult switch? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm up for doing it myself if possible! Thanks in advance!

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thread moved to the iPhone 4S section for better exposure..... Yes, if you unlock the 4S that you have via a third party unlocking service it will work fine on AT&T's network.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was given a new Canadian tmobile iPhone 4S. Is there a way to unlock this and use it with my AT&T plan? I was quoted at $165 for the unlock by a local guy that does them. He said its a difficult switch? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm up for doing it myself if possible! Thanks in advance!

If the person who gave you the iPhone 4S is currently a T-mobile customer AND is no longer under contract, have that person request the device be unlocked via T-mobile. They'll either do it or they won't, but it will not hurt to give it a try, if applicable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, is there a way for me to do this unlock without going through a third party?
Sure. Call T-mobile, telling them your situation and ask if they'll unlock it for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234