4s Battery usage and standby

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Phone has been off the charge for just over an hour but the standby and usage are almost the same. I have only used for maybe 15-20 min ad it says over 50. Does anyone know what is causing? Battery is already down 5% in just over an hour with little use. Not sure if it is just the 4s being old or something else. Thanks for the help!

ehe8evum.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have social networking apps like Twitter, Facebook, etc., that are auto-updating in the background? What about push email? Anything using location services like the Starbucks app that are checking your location periodically?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
Do you have social networking apps like Twitter, Facebook, etc., that are auto-updating in the background? What about push email? Anything using location services like the Starbucks app that are checking your location periodically?

I thought apps in iOS 7 could only auto update in the background?

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't know. I have yet to install and experience iOS 7... :)

Lol well I did watch a youtube video stating... the facebook app was made to always be running. Even though you kill the app in the tray it is still running... So it is like the Mail app in a way.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

It has only been in the last few days that it has been doing this. It has also been acting weird and saying dock connected when went to AirPlay iPhone wasn't there had to plug into doc to get it off not sure if that is part of issue.