What do you think about the keyboard on iphone?

iphoners

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
what do you guys think about the keyboard of iphone or ipad? I cannot type a single sentence without a handful of errors.
and today I saw a article in TechCrunch about the keyboard of iphone, they think that What the next iPhone really really needs is not an even bigger screen, flatter icons, flexible widgets or live tiles, or even crystal-ball-gazing cards.
do you agree with that ? what is your opinion?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone keyboard is sufficient for my needs, and in my experience, I am more accurate when using one hand to type on it as opposed to using both hands.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
In the 22 months I have owned my 4S coming from a hardware keyboard it was a bit of a task but now that i'm use to it and faster and more proficient at it I truly love it. Give yourself time like we all have had to do and you will get better too.

Last edited:

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
As far as touch keyboards go, I like it lots.

I might appreciate getting Swype-like swipe typing, sometime, for the more difficult words.

But Apple holds off on features until they think they have it just right (see: implementation of control centre), so I'm sure that I'll like how Apple develops it, when it eventually happens.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Since I came from a physical BB keyboard I was a little concerned about how I would adjust. Once I got use to it I was fine. I use mostly two hands, sometimes one hand works better. Give it awhile you'll get use to it.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
i like the iPhone keyboard, although I'd be happy if Apple were to allow 3rd party keyboards, as in "swype". My son has a SGS4 and when I play around with it, swype is very quick and efficient to type with when sending out text messages. Also, when I was still with my Blackberry Bold, I already had my iPad 1st gen at that time, so when I dropped my bb like a hot potato, i was fortunate that typing on my iPhone came very natural to me:)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I like this one a heck of a lot better than the one on my Storm2. I never did like the SurePress. I do make some mistakes but can quickly correct them because the iPhone auto correct is in a league all its own. :)

Songbirdy

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I really like it it's perfect for fast texters like me. But as pink said I wish they would allow third party keyboard. Before my iPhone I had the Samsung Captivate and I had one keyboard that I really liked and that was swift key. Apple should make they're keyboard like that one. It was so fast and very reliable.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind them, I can use them well enough. My preference though is for the BB10 virtual keyboard and SwiftKey on Android.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with it on both of my iOS devices. I have long thin fingers, so the smaller key pad on my iPhone is not a problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2.

BlaineP

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from android, so keyboard is a little closer on iPhone. Getting used to it though. I also wish that apple would let you download 3rd party apps. I loved Swiftkey Keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 5

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with the keyboard. The only issue I have ever had with it was when I first got the iPhone from having a Blackberry.

Andrej Popov

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
coming from a guy who used so many crappy phones in the past, with physical qwerty buttons(Nokia E5),T9 buttons(Samsung Tocco Lite, Sony Erricsson X10 Mini), same for the touch buttons, i think that the keyboard on the iPhone is very easy to use(coming from a user that just replaced his iPhone 2G for 4S), and for the fast typers like myself it is a brilliant keyboard, dont think it needs to be changed...

P.S screw swipe - it's bloody confusing :p

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i have had mine since launch.. i still make tons of mistakes. Its almost as if the "target" is slightly to the right of where it should be... Ex: every time i type LOVE i get LIVE
drives me nuts. I want swipe. Its much more forgiving (have it on my nook, love it)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73