Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By JustMe'D
  • 1 Post By JustMe'D
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Default Poor metal bezel design

I recently bought an iPhone 4S in pristine condition. The metal band was flawless. It was anyway. I put a silicone case on the phone and later took it off. I was shocked to see outlines of the case on the metal bands. The silicone case scratched the metal!.... Pathetic. I was going to put a decal on the phone, but I'm not sure. Can anyone recommend a solution? I thought of zagg on the metal band.

Global Posts
    17,300 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Poor metal bezel design

Why blame the iPhone for damage that the silicon case caused? I had my iPhone 4S for 17 months without a case and it could have probably passed as being brand new. Sweaty hands, constant cleaning and usage didn't do anything to damage it.
    Fausty82, Jaguarr40 and pr1nce like this.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Pro

So you went bare with your iPhone? I need to shield the metal band at least. I have the back protected

Global Posts
    17,300 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SaberSerene View Post
    So you went bare with your iPhone? I need to shield the metal band at least. I have the back protected
    Yes, I don't like covering my iPhone. I know it's a gamble, but I'm a big boy about it. The iPhone 4S I had was almost flawless, however, my iPhone 5 has a few nicks here and there but unless you were examining it, you wouldn't notice it. Still, I understand people's need to protect their investments, and I don't have a problem with it....
    Fausty82 likes this.

Global Posts
    10,062 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I don't think you can blame the iPhone because the case damaged the bezel. Some cases might leave a little mark on the bezel. I use an Incipio case on my 4s and I have a real small scratch from the case on the lower bezel on one side. It's not a big deal at all. You can barely see it.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Pro

See I'm thinking of going bare. Just have to find something that will preserve the metal band. Hmm
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Yes, I don't like covering my iPhone. I know it's a gamble, but I'm a big boy about it. The iPhone 4S I had was almost flawless, however, my iPhone 5 has a few nicks here and there but unless you were examining it, you wouldn't notice it. Still, I understand people's need to protect their investments, and I don't have a problem with it....
    I had the 5 when it came out. It has a better metal than the 4 or 4S