Invalid parameter when export photos

tvmangum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have reviewed as much info online and here as I can and cannot find a solution to my issue. I was trying to back up my photos on my iPhone to my PC like I have before (using Windows Explorer and even iFunbox.) Now when I try to copy the photos and paste into the folder some of the photos come over and then I get the error message about "Invalid parameters." The photos will not copy and when I browse the storage on my iPhone the photos are there but I cannot get them to my PC. I have tried a couple of different apps and nothing seems to work. I rebooted my PC this morning and I'm going to try again tonight to see if I can get it to work but thought I would ask if anyone else has this problem with invalid parameters.

Suggestions?

tvmangum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I thougth about that but I really don't want to have to e-mail 71 pics. I saw somewhere about putting them in Drop Box but I don't see a way to get them to DB from my iPhone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I thougth about that but I really don't want to have to e-mail 71 pics. I saw somewhere about putting them in Drop Box but I don't see a way to get them to DB from my iPhone.
DropBox has an app that facilitates syncing photos from an iPhone to your space in DropBox that you can in turn share from there...

tvmangum

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
It appears as if some of the photos are corrupt when I try to copy them. They are fine on the iPhone but when I try to copy them out they blow up and don't work.

01Peanut010

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if you are still having this issue - I came across this today. Try as I may, I could not move from iPhone to PC... tried different iTunes settings, backups, Resets and storage options...

The last thing that worked for me:

• Copied folder by folder to identify which folders (and then photos) were not transferring correctly
  • Then transferred the PNG (screenshots) then the remaining photos transferred okay.

I can only assume that it is a mixture of PNG with JPG (I know that it shouldn't matter...)

Hope that this helps others.

Last edited:

alexrepstel

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello.
I had the same problem for months and I literally tried everything, updating the phone, restoring it to it's original factory state, formatting my computer's hard disk. You can't imagine how much I've tried to solve the issue.
The solution is pretty simple. It doesn't require any effort at all... All you have to do is simply unlock your device putting your password, and everything should work just fine.
If you need to read more about it you can check the related post:
[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonyinvestor

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Thank you very much alexrepstel.
Your method works for me.

I just "unlocked the iPhone" as you said and "the parameter is incorrect problem was gone".

Better yet, I also go to settings > General > Auto-Lock > and set to "Never" during transfer all my photos and videos to my PC.

Have a good one!

Siali

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Oh my Days, I have been going crazy mad trying to figure this out as it always seemed to happen to my .mov or video files and I thought that is the reason. Cannot believe it is as simple as unlock the damn phone! Thanks a mill buddy!

ronm2

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
st ran into this problem. What worked for me is transferring the photos one by one to dropbox and then copying and pasting them as a batch into my computer photo file.

TomOrdon

Jan 5, 2020
Visit site
Hi there,
I've got similar issue, except my phone is unlocked all the time and I still get the error.
At first with aae files then mov then even jpeg would not copy, on top of that it seems my iPhones storage is either shrinking or data on it is getting bigger every time I copy something.
Has anyone found any other solutions to the problem?
I'm runing iPhone XR