Can't turn on wifi

tasha_2310

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Ive tried everything said above, i also cant turn my wi-fi on.

I rested my Network settings and Backed up my Iphone.

Now im trying to restore my iphone but the only problem is, my 'Find my iphone' app is enable and i need to disable the app to restore my iphone, but i havent got internet to disbale the app, how do i suppsed to restore my Iphone if i cant disable that app with no internet connection? Someone help?

Thank you.

Karlie Van Poppelen

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I am new to this forum. I have been having this grayed out wifi issue for about two months now. It has been grayed out for two months! Not one day did it work...I have tried everything but restoring the entire settings on the phone, which I do not want to have to do. I also have tried everything on this forum and it did not work. I have the 4S as well. Please someone any more suggestions? This really is a struggle with money problems and using all my data!!! Thank you.

I uploaded a snap shot of what it looks like !

Attachments

• IMG_8557.png
    IMG_8557.png
    100.5 KB · Views: 28

DefectingApple

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Don't buy any Apple products - none represent reasonable value for money.
And if you must buy one, don't ever update/upgrade software because Apple do program their IOS to kill off old devices batch by batch - this explains why some people experience the No WIFI problem while the rest seem to be okay. And the fact is Apple will never allow you to downgrade IOS says it all.
For the unlucky one who can't fix their problem by resetting and all other software tricks, try FREEZING because Apple program their phone to shut off the Wifi once the Wifi chip is a little hot, and try Hair Dryer blowing if the freezing only return you so much much time before you need to refreeze again.
Why hair drying ? Because WIFI chips in certain batches are not printed/soldered properly (defective) and therefore when the new IOS runs, there is a bottleneck of current unable to pass through smoothly, and causing the chip to overheat as a result. Apply heat to the chip area (on the other side of the camera, just below the headphone jack hole) will help to somewhat to allow more flow to the demanding IOS 6 especially IOS 7 (which is designed with lots bullsh*t running in the background - that's what eat up your battery too).
Unless Apple is willing to change IOS and make it compatible with older phones, the only solution is to downgrade IOS back to IOS 5 which they refuse ... meaning they want you to keep buying new phones.
If you want to use Apple products, be ready to keep buying new gear or your best bet is NEVER update software.
I welcome Apple to to tell me this is not the case.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Don't buy any Apple products - none represent reasonable value for money.
And if you must buy one, don't ever update/upgrade software because Apple do program their IOS to kill off old devices batch by batch - this explains why some people experience the No WIFI problem while the rest seem to be okay. And the fact is Apple will never allow you to downgrade IOS says it all.
For the unlucky one who can't fix their problem by resetting and all other software tricks, try FREEZING because Apple program their phone to shut off the Wifi once the Wifi chip is a little hot, and try Hair Dryer blowing if the freezing only return you so much much time before you need to refreeze again.
Why hair drying ? Because WIFI chips in certain batches are not printed/soldered properly (defective) and therefore when the new IOS runs, there is a bottleneck of current unable to pass through smoothly, and causing the chip to overheat as a result. Apply heat to the chip area (on the other side of the camera, just below the headphone jack hole) will help to somewhat to allow more flow to the demanding IOS 6 especially IOS 7 (which is designed with lots bullsh*t running in the background - that's what eat up your battery too).
Unless Apple is willing to change IOS and make it compatible with older phones, the only solution is to downgrade IOS back to IOS 5 which they refuse ... meaning they want you to keep buying new phones.
If you want to use Apple products, be ready to keep buying new gear or your best bet is NEVER update software.
I welcome Apple to to tell me this is not the case.

I have a 4 year old 3GS which is operating just fine.
Ditto for my 1year old iPhone 5.
Glitches like this happen unfortunately.
Eventually the issue gets solved, usually via software updates (bug fixes).

I think there might be a hole in your tin foil hat which is letting alien mind control beams into your brain.
I recommend replacing it before the imminent zombie apocalypse.
:concern:

Sheila Begnaud

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly how mine looks! I tried to connect my iPhone to iTunes and it tells me it cannot connect, please try again. Very frustrating!:devil:

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Old thread i know, but this "Wifi Grey-ed Out" issue happened to my wifes replacement 4S (first one replaced due to broken speakerphone). WiFi would work for a minute then disappear, random online suggestions said to mess with clearing Network Settings and also swear that some freezer then blow dry it trick works but that sounded super dumb so i brought it back to apple store.

They said all replacements are brand new if it comes from in store so they weren't sure why this happened. The result was a broken radio (according to diagnostic scanner in their iPhones) and there is no fix except for a replacement. Free under Applecare thank goodness.

claire holmes64

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, if your phone is under 6 years old, ring your phone provider and tell them that you want to make a consumer law claim, by law they have to replace the phone if it is 6 years old or under but only if it is a hardware problem. Apple gave me this info and my phone provider gave me a new phone coz the wifi greyed out. :) i live in the uk and dont know if this law applies to all but worth a try at least.

dgetsol

Nov 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,
i can't turn on my wifi on the new ipda mini. i have the latest os 9.3.5. and i did all the restore including network setting and factory setting but not working. and i need help, Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2