Replacement phone, now gmail will not connect to server

treogolfer

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I use gmail as the medium between my computer and my iphone 4s. I had to get a replacement phone and all of the settings are the same on both phones. calenders, contacts, and mail not working! Everything else on new phone needs to be working! help please!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use gmail as the medium between my computer and my iphone 4s. I had to get a replacement phone and all of the settings are the same on both phones. calenders, contacts, and mail not working! Everything else on new phone needs to be working! help please!
Are you saying to make sure I understand you that your replacement phone was set identical to the old one and your email is not working correct? If so have you tried to just delete the email account and set it up again as sometimes believe it or not settings and email can get corrupted and by simply a delete and rest up of account will cure it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

If your gmail on the former device was set up under Exchange/active sync - Google no longer allows that on iPhones unless you're paying Google for mail hosting... you have to set up Google again, and use the default IMAP settings and use caldav & carddav for syncing calendar & contacts/address book.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yes that is what I am saying. calendar and contacts not syncing either. I will try to delete and set up again. thanks
Remember though because you did not indicate to Keith if you were on exchange. Set it up through the native app or gmail app through IMAP and not exchange.

treogolfer

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
If your gmail on the former device was set up under Exchange/active sync - Google no longer allows that on iPhones unless you're paying Google for mail hosting... you have to set up Google again, and use the default IMAP settings and use caldav & carddav for syncing calendar & contacts/address book.

interesting. Weird since it worked on my original phone this morning. I added a new account and picked gmail instead of exchange. Calender info has synced up, but nothing for contacts. how do I do that?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
interesting. Weird since it worked on my original phone this morning. I added a new account and picked gmail instead of exchange. Calender info has synced up, but nothing for contacts. how do I do that?
Thank you for the update by the way. Good luck, Sounds like you are just about back to normal after you read the link Keith Posted for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods