Dead spot on screen

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks,
I've have had a weird issue with my iPhone 4s the last few weeks where I have a dead spot on my screen. Its at about where the 7, 8 and 9 are on the phone dialer. This affects all apps. For example, when I type a text message in portrait mode the "send" button falls in the dead spot and I have to turn the phone into landscape mode to get the "send" button in a different spot to work. It also makes scrolling within things like the browser and facebook a PITA. Not all the numbers work on the calculator, etc. You get the picture. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this happening to their phone. I have a 3rd-party housing installed that came with the digitizer so I'm wondering if that digitizer has just gone bad OR could it be my jailbreak causing the issue? It did start NEAR the same time I downloaded the octopus keyboard, which has since been deleted. I should also mention that the phone hasn't been dropped either. I'm trying to decide if I'm better off trying to unjailbreak FIRST and then if that doesn't fix the issue, have the old housing/digitizer put back on or if I should start with the housing and then unjailbreak. I am kind of hoping its not the jailbreak because I don't really want to unjailbreak and start over with that. I think its more likely to be the 3rd-party housing/digitizer, right?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My *guess* is that it could indeed be the digitizer, but I don;t know. If you installed the #rd party housing containing the digitizer, retrace your steps, if applicable.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had that housing on for a little more than a year. I suppose it could have just fizzled out since I'm sure its not Apple-quality.

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Converting the phone to the original white parts didn't help. I am currently restoring my phone and pray this solves the problem. Otherwise it's off to AT&T for a new phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Dang. Restoring didn't work either. I'm going to have to file an insurance claim through AT&T. I could technically upgrade to the 5 right now but I may as well get this one fixed while its still covered by insurance.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner