Can't activate phone on my number

emmers138

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Verizon 4s it was still in his name and still works on his plan but he's now gone and I can't activate on my account is there any way to fix this

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The phone has to be removed from any account it was active on in order for it to be possible to activate on your account.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the phone from someone or how did you come to own it? If its running on someone else's account, it will have to be cleared from that account before you can change it to your number. More information on your situation, please?

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you could go to a Verizon store and have them switch it to your phone number for you or even call them because sometimes they can do it over the phone.

emmers138

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought it from a guy he was told just to reset it and pull the SIM card but that didn't work so I've had it for a while called Verizon they said it was still on his account. So am I just stuck with his number until they shut it off

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Oh that's wild ! In the past I've always passed down my smartphones to family members and I take my sim out and they put their sim in and it works. Did you have an active sim of your own to put in ? Sorry I couldn't help more.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Oh that's wild ! In the past I've always passed down my smartphones to family members and I take my sim out and they put their sim in and it works. Did you have an active sim of your own to put in ? Sorry I couldn't help more.

On Verizon - passing a phone on to someone else on the account would require the MEID being put under the desired phone number... and if a SIM is involved on the phone... put the desired SIM in the desired phone.

The OP needs to have the person from whom they bought the phone put a MEID of another phone on their account so the iPhone's MEID is no longer associated with an account on Verizon so the OP can then put the phone on their account... and this will require a new SIM if it's an iPhone5.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

That's the way it works on AT&T and TMobile, since they use GSM networks. Verizon uses CDMA so the phones must be registered directly with the carrier.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
That's the way it works on AT&T and TMobile, since they use GSM networks. Verizon uses CDMA so the phones must be registered directly with the carrier.

Ah okay....see what does this Canadian know lol ! I thought when he mentioned about pulling the sim out that maybe he didn't have an active sim to put back in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro