Making Switch From Android To iPhone

CPStapes

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
After 21 months in Android purgatory, planning on switching to a 4s soon. Question, what can I move from my old LG to the new iphone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Making Switch

After 21 months in Android purgatory, planning on switching to a 4s soon. Question, what can I move from my old LG to the new iphone?

Photos, videos, music, documents, etc. either via iTunes, iCloud (if applicable) or 3rd party app.

CPStapes

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Economy. My LG is schizo and freezes regularly, I was actually going to go for the Z10. Then the wife's 4 started to have home button issues. She offered to go for a new 4 for free and let me go up to the BB. But, I decided to split the middle and get a 4s for both of us. Had a BB Storm 2 as my first smartphone, which royally spoiled me, but was having "BB issues" by the end of 21 months, BB did not offer touchscreens at the time, so we went shopping. Wife bought an iphone 4 (like 2 months before 4s came out DOH!) and I was wooed by an LG revolution from a salesman who was an obvious androidphile. Don't get me wrong, the LG has its sweet spots, but IDK that Android was a psychotic mishmash tech where selecting the right hardware might make all of the difference in the world. Apple, for all its warts, offers a single platform, upgraded regularly, with software upgrades available across the line, not requiring new products to have upgrades.
I'm not an apphead, I use my phone for music, pictures, calls, texting, web browsing and reading. What I wanted more than anything was a stable platform, hence the reason I looked to the new BB. Apple seems solid and dedicated to a single product line. Plus, hate to say it, I come from a generation where the smooth look Apple was the height of cool, and the Iphone 4 and 4s came to represent that more than anything.
The 4s should do everything I do well, if not the absolute best, and give me reliable service. Plus the way my contract works out, the December after the 6 arrives i'll be up. And hopefully so will my economic fortunes!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Economy. My LG is schizo and freezes regularly, I was actually going to go for the Z10. Then the wife's 4 started to have home button issues. She offered to go for a new 4 for free and let me go up to the BB. But, I decided to split the middle and get a 4s for both of us. Had a BB Storm 2 as my first smartphone, which royally spoiled me, but was having "BB issues" by the end of 21 months, BB did not offer touchscreens at the time, so we went shopping. Wife bought an iphone 4 (like 2 months before 4s came out DOH!) and I was wooed by an LG revolution from a salesman who was an obvious androidphile. Don't get me wrong, the LG has its sweet spots, but IDK that Android was a psychotic mishmash tech where selecting the right hardware might make all of the difference in the world. Apple, for all its warts, offers a single platform, upgraded regularly, with software upgrades available across the line, not requiring new products to have upgrades.
I'm not an apphead, I use my phone for music, pictures, calls, texting, web browsing and reading. What I wanted more than anything was a stable platform, hence the reason I looked to the new BB. Apple seems solid and dedicated to a single product line. Plus, hate to say it, I come from a generation where the smooth look Apple was the height of cool, and the Iphone 4 and 4s came to represent that more than anything.
The 4s should do everything I do well, if not the absolute best, and give me reliable service. Plus the way my contract works out, the December after the 6 arrives i'll be up. And hopefully so will my economic fortunes!

The 4s is an awesome device. I understand your situation with the economy. I hope your financial situation improves. Enjoy your 4s!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I think economy or not you might do your best to go with the 5 but you choose as stated earlier the 4S like mine is awesome. Best of luck to you.;)

CPStapes

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Went today. Very satisfied. Got a 4 s with a Mophie battery case. With the case, its a little thicker and about the same dimensions as my old phone. Since my LG was, well, my LG, couldn't transfer anything at the store. Luckily, once I got home and got iCloud up an running, the rest was a cinch. Extremely easy to use. Even though the LG was LTE, it had Gingerbread, so the 4 s is as fast or faster on the web. Movie download's a bit slower, but Netflix loads way faster, so its about even. So far, absolutely nothing bad to say other than adjusting to not having a "back" button. If this keeps up, it looks like the first of many Apple products to come.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Went today. Very satisfied. Got a 4 s with a Mophie battery case. With the case, its a little thicker and about the same dimensions as my old phone. Since my LG was, well, my LG, couldn't transfer anything at the store. Luckily, once I got home and got iCloud up an running, the rest was a cinch. Extremely easy to use. Even though the LG was LTE, it had Gingerbread, so the 4 s is as fast or faster on the web. Movie download's a bit slower, but Netflix loads way faster, so its about even. So far, absolutely nothing bad to say other than adjusting to not having a "back" button. If this keeps up, it looks like the first of many Apple products to come.
Congratulations on getting your new toy...:)...Enjoy it, my friend, and have a great weekend....:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73