Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chase Isley
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Unhappy icloud Restore???

I was told by Apple to reset my phone to factory settings as i had a software problem which caused my 4S to switch off when the battery was at 20% They said not to restore from a back up as the problem would be restored aswell. So instead I restored from icloud. Does icloud restore settings? I want to know if the problem will be saved in the icloud backup.
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Re: icloud Restore???

Yes, iCloud backup will restore all settings but only if you have used an Unlock Code for your device.

Global Posts
    14,205 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by Husseinp18 View Post
    I was told by Apple to reset my phone to factory settings as i had a software problem which caused my 4S to switch off when the battery was at 20% They said not to restore from a back up as the problem would be restored aswell. So instead I restored from icloud. Does icloud restore settings? I want to know if the problem will be saved in the icloud backup.
    This is what is backed up by iCloud. Please read this article from Apple support:

~JAG~
    Ambassador @ iMore

​In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

Global Posts
    17,265 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Please note that restoring from iCloud is also restoring from a backup (iCloud backup). The Apple representative was most likely telling you to set your device up as new including re-downloading your apps, reconfiguring your email & social accounts, etcetera just like you did when you first purchased your device.
    iPhone Beginner

^^^ Yeah backing up your info on the computer and also in icloud are the same things. If you restored from either backup, you would be restoring the corrupted settings.
    JustMe'D likes this.
    Banned

Yes, iCloud backup will restore all settings
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    374 Global Posts

Definitely. I you back up with iCloud then you will restore everything.