where to buy iphone 4s off contract

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your service provider can sell you one at full retail if your carrier can sell iPhones... or directly from Apple at full retail... or online from 3rd parties via auction sites, etc. or CraigsList... etc.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
As Keith mentioned you can get an iPhone pretty much any place that sells them w/o a contract at full retail including like Best buy and even Radio Shack. Hope you become and iPhone/iMore user.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Your service provider can sell you one at full retail if your carrier can sell iPhones... or directly from Apple at full retail... or online from 3rd parties via auction sites, etc. or CraigsList... etc.

Would Apple Store or service provider (I have At&T) be the better options. I am a little leary of 3rd party like Craigslist and Ebay since I usually can't return the phone.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Questiion: If I buy off contract at AT&T, will my phone be unlocked? Off contract price at AT&T is the same is unlocked phone in Apple Store.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No. If you buy one from ATT it will be an ATT branded device.
Buying the Unlocked version from Apple is just that, the unbranded unlocked version.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
No. If you buy one from ATT it will be an ATT branded device.
Buying the Unlocked version from Apple is just that, the unbranded unlocked version.

Thanks. I want unlocked. Guess I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store this weekend.

I have an existing AT&T contract, can Apple Store activate my phone on that account, or do I need to bring phone to AT&T store after I buy?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I want unlocked. Guess I'll be making a trip to the Apple Store this weekend.

I have an existing AT&T contract, can Apple Store activate my phone on that account, or do I need to bring phone to AT&T store after I buy?

They can handle it all for you and you can walk out with a working phone.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I want to buy it unlocked from Apple Store and activate it on my current AT&T line (which is not an iPhone line). Can I keep my current data plan (I have the 2 GB as part of Family Plan--cannot get this plan on newer AT&T plans) or will I need to change my plan? (i.e. can I keep everything same on plan, but they just change label to iPhone data plan?). Thanks. This would be my first iPhone.