Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default Clearing cache on my iPhone 4S

    Hi peps,

    I'm sure there was a way where you could clear the cache memory on your iPhone in settings. Am I going mad because I can't find it or am I just not looking in the right place.

    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,149 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Clearing cache

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    Hi peps,

    I'm sure there was a way where you could clear the cache memory on your iPhone in settings. Am I going mad because I can't find it or am I just not looking in the right place.

    Thanks
    You can clear the "Junk" by holding down the Power and Home button for 10 secs till you see the Apple logo appear for a hard reset or clear browser cache by going into setting-Safari and clear cache and cookies. You can even go so far as to rest your phone as new and then just set it back up again if you want to go that extreme.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


    Thanked by:
    1982ollie (03-07-2013)
  3. #3  
    CashiPhone's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: Clearing cache

    holding the home button works as Jaguar mentioned, another way that always works is restarting the phone as that would start a fresh session.
  4. #4  
    TurboTiger's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,016 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,497 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.2

    Default Re: Clearing cache

    I use the home button & power button method.
    Good Luck

    Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    1982ollie's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    704 Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1

    Default Clearing cache on my iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    You can clear the "Junk" by holding down the Power and Home button for 10 secs till you see the Apple logo appear for a hard reset or clear browser cache by going into setting-Safari and clear cache and cookies. You can even go so far as to rest your phone as new and then just set it back up again if you want to go that extreme.
    Thanks mate. I knew about the hard reset. But for the life of me couldn't think or remember where that clear cache button was which is in safari. That was what I was looking for.
  6. #6  
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    13,008 Posts
    Global Posts
    17,149 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

    Default Re: Clearing cache on my iPhone 4S

    Quote Originally Posted by 1982ollie View Post
    Thanks mate. I knew about the hard reset. But for the life of me couldn't think or remember where that clear cache button was which is in safari. That was what I was looking for.
    You are very welcome and happy to have helped.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace


Similar Threads

  1. Cracks on my iPhone
    By iLoveiPhones in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 03:44 AM
  2. Why can't I see my movies on my iPhone 4s
    By jooserparfs in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-25-2013, 10:15 PM
  3. Songs won't play on my iphone 4s.
    By Harreh in forum iTunes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-12-2012, 08:06 AM
  4. My iPhone 4S is on the way; so long BB
    By jcbama85 in forum iPhone 4S
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-12-2011, 06:17 PM
  5. Email on my IPHONE
    By bigmeetsv69 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 01:19 AM

Posting Permissions