How many of U chose 4s over the 5

brdl04

Banned
Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny the things that people "convince" themselves of when they want to. I'm pretty sure everyone on this site that has a 4s would have reached for the 5 if it was in their control. It's human nature, it's also human nature to rationalize everything so that all decisions, etc. fit into a nice neat little box. The 4S is a great device, but it's definitely no iPhone 5. Halfway through the upgrade cycle, I could understand waiting for the 5S but seriously to buy a 4S at this date and time, for any other reason than economical, your just kidding yourself.

Still making your preference universal. I know many people who would prefer a 4s over a 5 if both were free. My wife being one. I know it's hard to wrap your mind around the fact that some people don't like the iPhone 5 for aesthetic reasons.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the larger screen and LTE the 4s and the 5 are the same phones. Admit it people. I've got both and fail to see huge differences. I continue with my 5 because of my need for the latest tech. But I constantly encourage the 4s. Save your money. We don't have LTE where I live and the screen differences aren't worth the extra $100.

alicepattinson

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I have an iP5 and I gave my iP4s to my mom. Well I guess I just miss my old phone. 5 is really good and 4s as well. I'm so confused. hahahaha

kamann

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Love the 4s, the 5 is a bit more awkward one handed, but for the bigger screen, LTE and the weight savings I will live with it.

GreenduckDK

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've never been a big fan of Apple but two days ago I bought my first iPhone. Just want to try it and see what all the fuzz is about. I come from a BlackBerry Bold 9900 so the bigger screen is definately appreciated. I chose the 4S. Here in Denmark contracts only runs 6 months so if I'm converted I can always upgrade later and I actually like the design way better on the 4/4S than on the 5.

A few thing made me choose the 4S over the 5.

- I like the design better
- I like it's heavier
- Don't really need the things the 5 offers over the 4S
- Not an Apple fan so I didn't want to pay more than neccesary

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've never been a big fan of Apple but two days ago I bought my first iPhone. Just want to try it and see what all the fuzz is about. I come from a BlackBerry Bold 9900 so the bigger screen is definately appreciated. I chose the 4S. Here in Denmark contracts only runs 6 months so if I'm converted I can always upgrade later and I actually like the design way better on the 4/4S than on the 5.

A few thing made me choose the 4S over the 5.

- I like the design better
- I like it's heavier
- Don't really need the things the 5 offers over the 4S
- Not an Apple fan so I didn't want to pay more than neccesary

I like reading replies like yours because it displays 'your' preferences in an unbiased manner. Thank you...:D

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know what to do!

been an iPhone user forever! (Had the 3 and 3g.. then finally upgraded to the 4S).. 2 weeks ago I actually upgraded and got the Samsung galaxy note 2.. and before my 2 weeks were up.. I felt like there was something missing (the phone was awesome don't get me wrong).. but I don't know what it was.. i returned it and am back to my 4S.. but still feel like something is missing.. I don't know if I should upgrade to the 5 or just wait for the iPhone 5s possibly 6? (or whatever rumors are out there)..

I think I'm just getting bored with my iPhone? but then the Note 2 was really too fancy.. lol I can't make up my mind. *sigh* someone help.. lol

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know what to do!

been an iPhone user forever! (Had the 3 and 3g.. then finally upgraded to the 4S).. 2 weeks ago I actually upgraded and got the Samsung galaxy note 2.. and before my 2 weeks were up.. I felt like there was something missing (the phone was awesome don't get me wrong).. but I don't know what it was.. i returned it and am back to my 4S.. but still feel like something is missing.. I don't know if I should upgrade to the 5 or just wait for the iPhone 5s possibly 6? (or whatever rumors are out there)..

I think I'm just getting bored with my iPhone? but then the Note 2 was really too fancy.. lol I can't make up my mind. *sigh* someone help.. lol

Just wait for the 5S. It should be coming soon. I has the Note 2 for a while and I really liked the big screen and it was really fast, but in the end it really didn't donor for me. My iPhone 5 on the other hand has been awesome. No complaints whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
my first experience with an iphone was a 40 dollar 3 I got off a friend and had it unlocked for my mom...it didn't impress me at all but I have to say the five is growing on me

my girlfriends four that I got at the same time as my five feels heavy to me....I guess its what's your use too that matters

LTE is the real reason I didn't get the free iPhone 4 and glad I didn't .....can't speak about the 4s as I never used one

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
LTE alone makes the iPhone 5 far and away a better phone than any of the previous iPhones to me. If i started thinking about the other features, it'd just steadily keep growing further and further away from the previous gens. The 4S is a really nice phone though, i still have one as a work phone...

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Why stick with a 3g phone when technology has advanced to 4G LTE devices? It would be just a matter of time before you'd move on anyway. Keep the iPhone 5.

CPStapes

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I did, but it was a question of money. Needed 2 phones, one for me and one for my wife, and we just couldn't swing the 5 right now. 4s is an excellent phone, but that doesn't mean I'm not hoping I'll be economically able to get a 6 when my contract is up next!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2