Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default thinking of jumping ship to iPhone 4s? is it still a viable phone?

morning all! I have been on android the past 2 and a half years, just changed to sprint from Verizon last week, and I had no intentions on leaving android until.. 2 nights ago when I was with a friend who had a iphone 4s, and I played around with it, and I fell in love with it. I am a tech guy so I know the 4S isn't the latest and greatest, but I feel it could be the phone for me, i have the photon 4g lte right now but am not happy with it, so i am going to target mobile today to exchange it.. for maybe the 4s?

would i be making a good decision getting the 4s? pros/cons?

thanks for any and all's advice. i have never used iphone before btw.

Global Posts
    12,118 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: thinking of jumping ship to iPhone 4s? is it still a viable phone?

The 4S is a wonderful device.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

i think so but just curious why not go with the 5? that should hold you off for a couple of years, or more, if needed regarding staying up to date with upcoming firmwares

unless it is a money issue..
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    i think so but just curious why not go with the 5? that should hold you off for a couple of years, or more, if needed regarding staying up to date with upcoming firmwares

unless it is a money issue..
    yes a money issue, lol. and after doing my research i feel i wouldn't be missing out on a lot not going with the 5.
    BLiNK likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,632 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by brad4560 View Post
    yes a money issue, lol. and after doing my research i feel i wouldn't be missing out on a lot not going with the 5.
    then yes, it still is a good device for the money. looking forward to seeing you around here!

Global Posts
    23,243 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    The 4S is a wonderful device.
    Indeed, it is and I enjoy it so much that I opted to skip the iPhone 5.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

very kind responses! thank you. i got two hours until i go. gotta make a decision soon lol. always curious about this beast of a phone but android always reared it's ugly head at me lol.

Global Posts
    4,272 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS8.1b2

The 4s is a great device, but like BLINK said if you can scrounge up the extra $100 then the 5 will last you longer. Of course saying that there are still a lot of people floating around with the 3gs

what ever choice you make you wont disappointed.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

thanks again guys! i'm off to run errands and yea i think ima gonna do it!!!!
    iMore Beginner

I plan on keeping mine for at least this year & next. I love it & have had zero issues with it.
    2012 Macbook Pro 13" 2.9 i7
    iPhone 4S 64GB Black
    iPad Mini 32GB White
    Social Network Status: Non-Existent
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,607 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Another thumbs up for the 4S
    Great device.

Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts

If you can save up the $100, the battery life and 4G are worth it for the 5.
    iPhone Nanite

4s user here too, excellent device, and has specs very similar to the 5, so it makes for a great and cheaper option. My contract is up next February (2014), I am positive it will be fine until then and even past that time...
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    872 Global Posts

4s is a great device and your right your not far behind from the 5 also when you jailbreak the 4s you will have the best of both worlds the customization of android and the solid os of apple

All up in ya using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts

I upgraded from a 4s to a 5, but wifey and son each still have a 4s. Theres little to nothing i cant do on the 4s, and every time I pick up Wifey's 4s, I'm a bit surprised by how solid it feels (it's a bit heavier, but in a good way), and I wonder a bit if Apple was right in arguing that the smaller form factor was better.

So yes, the 4s is certainly still viable.

Global Posts
    16,386 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've had my 4s for a few months coming from a BB. It's a great device. Good luck.
    Thanked by:
    kam2958 (02-14-2013)
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've had my 4S since it came out. Decided to skip on the 5 because I'm so happy with my 4S... Especially JailBroken 😉
    iPhone Intermediate

The 4S is still one of the best phones available! You would not be shut out by it. If I didn't have the 5 I would have the 4S.
    Apple built it, so it will work.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

I'm a 4s user and have never had any issue with the phone and I use it constantly.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    601 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

I too jumped ship from Android to iPhone (4s) BACK to android and here I am again.. back to iPhone (4s) and it is just as awesome as it was when i had it initially. I hate I ever traded it when I did. Android kept me entertained but a new, bigger, badder device would come out every 1-2 months leaving me feeling behind the curve. lol. And broke. So I managed to trade my Razr Maxx for an iphone 4s. Do I miss LTE? Yes but the 5 has that and when I'm up for an upgrade I'll get that or maybe the 5s I hope you report back and let us know how you like it!
    Technology Junkie!
    Current phone: iPhone 5s 64gb VZW
    Current device: iPad mini 16gb black WiFi, 2013 13' Macbook Air
    Future phone/device: Who knows? I really like technology.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    265 Global Posts

Thumbs up for a jailbroken 4s. Thumbs down for this damned wi-fi problem with Netgear routers.
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

You can't go wrong with a 4S. I like mine so much, that I haven't even downloaded iOS 6 yet.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Im a longtime Android user who does not like iOS at all. The iPhone is just not able to give me what I want, Android gives me the freedom and functionality that im looking for from my device.

That being said, that is just my personal preference. The iPhone 4s is a wonderful device (as is the 5) and I would never steer anyone away who prefers the iOS experience.

But I would highly recommend that you steer clear of Sprint. They have the worst network that I have experienced. Horrible connection speeds and coverage in my area. They are not the company to be with. Your gonna have a great phone thats horribly held back by Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    BLiNK likes this.

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

The 4S is a very solid device. If you want a bit more speed and bigger display , by all means get the 5. But the 4S should suit you just fine.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zombieheadshot View Post
    Im a longtime Android user who does not like iOS at all. The iPhone is just not able to give me what I want, Android gives me the freedom and functionality that im looking for from my device.

That being said, that is just my personal preference. The iPhone 4s is a wonderful device (as is the 5) and I would never steer anyone away who prefers the iOS experience.

But I would highly recommend that you steer clear of Sprint. They have the worst network that I have experienced. Horrible connection speeds and coverage in my area. They are not the company to be with. Your gonna have a great phone thats horribly held back by Sprint.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    you must want malware I kid I kid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast