4S future Help please!

Bballbenb

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I am looking to get a iPhone 4S more so than the 5 because it is cheaper for me and it can pretty much do anything the 5 can at this point. My only concern is how long until the 4S becomes outdated and wont get the new iOS updates and things like new apps will be able to not run on it? I do not plan on having it more than 2 years, but just do not want to get something that will lose its functionality in the near future or become slow.

Also does iMessage work like BBM in the fact that it does not take up texts for a limited texting plan with a carrier? I only get so many per month, so I am hoping iMessage works like that.

Thanks for the help!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You should be OK with a 4S for the next 2 years... you'll still get OS updates... but not necessarily all new functions a new OS provides - kind of like how Siri did not get supported on the iPhone4 - and turn-by-turn in Maps requires a certain base hardware level.

And iMessages between iOS users don't count towards text messages on your carrier's service plan.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I got my 4S a couple of months ago for the same reason. Cheaper than the iPhone 5 and does everything I need it to do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner