4S future Help please!
Hello, I am looking to get a iPhone 4S more so than the 5 because it is cheaper for me and it can pretty much do anything the 5 can at this point. My only concern is how long until the 4S becomes outdated and wont get the new iOS updates and things like new apps will be able to not run on it? I do not plan on having it more than 2 years, but just do not want to get something that will lose its functionality in the near future or become slow.
Also does iMessage work like BBM in the fact that it does not take up texts for a limited texting plan with a carrier? I only get so many per month, so I am hoping iMessage works like that.
Thanks for the help!
- 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM #2
Re: 4S future Help please!
You should be OK with a 4S for the next 2 years... you'll still get OS updates... but not necessarily all new functions a new OS provides - kind of like how Siri did not get supported on the iPhone4 - and turn-by-turn in Maps requires a certain base hardware level.
And iMessages between iOS users don't count towards text messages on your carrier's service plan.
- 02-07-2013, 07:51 PM #3
- By Jacoblee27 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 7Last Post: 10-17-2011, 05:06 AM
- By clad in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 4Last Post: 02-11-2009, 01:53 AM
- By madspar1 in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 2Last Post: 12-30-2008, 09:46 PM
- By brikz in forum Jailbreaking, Unlocking, Hacks, Themes & ModsReplies: 7Last Post: 12-24-2008, 10:35 AM
- By hatembomb in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 11-19-2007, 05:52 PM