Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

Default Dropbox option when sharing from Camera Roll/Photostream?

I'm trying to help my mom with her iPhone (I personally don't use an iPhone, but have an iPad and am familiar with the process from that device). Our problem is this:

We want to share photos from within either Photostream or Camera Roll with a specific folder in Dropbox. When we attempt to select and share photos inside of Cameral Roll, a number of destination options come up, but Dropbox is not one of them. Are we doing something wrong? I would think that Dropbox would be a given as an option. I do realize that if she has Camera Upload switched ON in her Dropbox settings, then all of her photos taken on her iPhone will automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. She does not, however, want every photo she takes automatically put into drop box. She wants to be able select only a few photos from her Camera Roll and share only those with Dropbox. Is there any way of doing this directly from Camera Roll or Photostream? Or a better question might be can Dropbox be added as an option for sharing from within Camera Roll?

Finally, if the Dropbox option is not available as an option, what's the most direct way of selectively uploading photos to Dropbox from iPhone?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    5,052 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Dropbox is not an available sharing option. Not sure though how to selectively share photos on Dropbox. Have you tried using shared PhotoStreams?
    Thanked by:
    ctychick (02-02-2013)

Global Posts
    11,066 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Dropbox option when sharing from Camera Roll/Photostream?

The Dropbox Mac app can sync pictures from an iPhone or iPad to your Dropbox space when you connect via USB cable... The PC version of Dropbox may do the same...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    ctychick (02-02-2013)

Global Posts
    17,256 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ctychick View Post
    I'm trying to help my mom with her iPhone (I personally don't use an iPhone, but have an iPad and am familiar with the process from that device). Our problem is this:

We want to share photos from within either Photostream or Camera Roll with a specific folder in Dropbox. When we attempt to select and share photos inside of Cameral Roll, a number of destination options come up, but Dropbox is not one of them. Are we doing something wrong?
    No, you're not doing anything wrong. Uploading to Dropbox directly from within the camera roll is simply not an available option, but you can upload from the camera roll from within the Dropbox app. See the directions below.
    I would think that Dropbox would be a given as an option. I do realize that if she has Camera Upload switched ON in her Dropbox settings, then all of her photos taken on her iPhone will automatically be uploaded to Dropbox. She does not, however, want every photo she takes automatically put into drop box. She wants to be able select only a few photos from her Camera Roll and share only those with Dropbox.
    I understand. See the instructions below.
    Is there any way of doing this directly from Camera Roll or Photostream? Or a better question might be can Dropbox be added as an option for sharing from within Camera Roll?
    No

Finally, if the Dropbox option is not available as an option, what's the most direct way of selectively uploading photos to Dropbox from iPhone?

Thanks!
    Instructions: From within the Dropbox app, go to your photos folder and then select the "+" option in the upper right corner. Now select "upload here". Your camera roll will now be displayed. Tap on each photo you want to upload to Dropbox and when you're done, select "upload" in the upper right corner.
    Thanked by:
    ctychick (02-02-2013)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I notice that the option for Dropbox is available from within iMessage when opening a photo that was sent to me or that I sent