Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Transfer email/exchange settings from one iPhone to another iPhone.

My dad is adding another iPhone to his account, the iPhone 5, and he would rather not have to waste time getting his works techs to transfer all his email, exchange, outlook and other settings. He is trying to basically get all his emails, outlook contacts, and exchange contacts and he is not very tech literate. Is there an easy way to do this without me driving from Houston to Dallas? I am personally not Apple literate but I do know how to view settings and re-type them in on the new phone.

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnny4 View Post
    My dad is adding another iPhone to his account, the iPhone 5, and he would rather not have to waste time getting his works techs to transfer all his email, exchange, outlook and other settings. He is trying to basically get all his emails, outlook contacts, and exchange contacts and he is not very tech literate. Is there an easy way to do this without me driving from Houston to Dallas? I am personally not Apple literate but I do know how to view settings and re-type them in on the new phone.
    Tell him to back up his old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, if applicable, and then when he sets up his iPhone 5, tell him to select restore from a backup when prompted.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Re: Transfer email/exchange settings from one iPhone to another iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Tell him to back up his old iPhone via iTunes or iCloud, if applicable, and then when he sets up his iPhone 5, tell him to select restore from a backup when prompted.
    Does this work with a different phone number? Like I said I am new to Apple. He will have 2 iPhone's after this on 2 different lines he basically wants to duplicate the first on the second.

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Does this work with a different phone number? Like I said I am new to Apple. He will have 2 iPhone's after this on 2 different lines he basically wants to duplicate the first on the second.
    Restoring a backup from a previous iPhone to a new iPhone will have no affect in regard to the phone number. He is basically copying the settings, accounts & layout from one device to the other.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Re: Transfer email/exchange settings from one iPhone to another iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Restoring a backup from a previous iPhone to a new iPhone will have no affect in regard to the phone number. He is basically copying the settings, accounts & layout from one device to the other.
    Thanks.

Global Posts
    22,284 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks.
    You're very welcome...