Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Default Get rid of default apple Id

There was a problem with my Sparrow app crashing and it turned out to be the cause of some sort of Apple ID verification, but whenever I try to sign out then sign in again, there is an unchangeable Apple ID that I've never used, so how can I get rid of this and log in to download Sparrow and get it to verify my downloadGet rid of default apple Id-imageuploadedbytapatalk1358978620.801724.jpg

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Can you Dow load any other app? If so, you should be able to download Sparrow. Anyway ,you may have to login to either via your device's web browser or via a computer web browser and then select to edit your primary Apple ID or you can create an alternate Apple ID (it will be associated with your primary) and use it. That should work for you.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Default Re: Get rid of default apple Id

i tghink the way to change the apple id on your device is under settings>general>store
    then at the bottom you can sign out where it says apple id, click there and you can signout or sign in under a different name

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I don't know maybe I am over-reacting but the OP is clearly jailbroken (status bar has extras, the pop-up is themed and the font is different) so perhaps he has done something he shouldn't have. Maybe.

I think OP should try deleting the app and reinstalling.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Yes it is jail broken but that apparent apple id is from where once I just randomly smashed keys on the sign in and somehow it stuck and I don't know how to change it. I can download sparrow and any other apps, but apparently some apps such as sparrow require some sort of authentication so the app crashes automatically

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by samthelegoman1 View Post
    Yes it is jail broken but that apparent apple id is from where once I just randomly smashed keys on the sign in and somehow it stuck and I don't know how to change it. I can download sparrow and any other apps, but apparently some apps such as sparrow require some sort of authentication so the app crashes automatically
    That doesn't make sense to me. According to the screenshot, Sparrow is asking for your Apple ID. Unless it is in relation to an iCloud specific setup with a different Apple ID, the only Apple ID it should be asking for is the one you use for purchases. I don't use Sparrow and have never used it so I'm only speculating.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Did you do what I told you to do?

Settings--general--store?
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by 3cit View Post
    Did you do what I told you to do?

Settings--general--store?
    Yea I logged into my account there and it shows up as that in the AppStore but when I logout it automatically reverts to the weird name and according to some article I read to fix the Sparrow problem I have to log in straight through the AppStore in order to verify the account which is not possible
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Get rid of default apple Id

URGENT ok i was trying to jailbreak my friends i pod and now it wont come on at all its just a black screen HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by l1ttleman29 View Post
    URGENT ok i was trying to jailbreak my friends i pod and now it wont come on at all its just a black screen HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp
    If the iPod is an "iPod Touch", put it in DFU mode to restore it. To do that, follow the instructions found HERE.
    iMore Elite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by l1ttleman29 View Post
    Also get your own threaddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

And op, I don't want you to change it on app store. I want you to change it in settings...
    It shouldn't revert back.
    Maybe you have a tweak issue. So you should put your phone into safe mode and then try to change your apple I'd in settings and see if it sticks this time.
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

According to this:
    Itll only work if I change it in the AppStore, it work fine in the normal Settings-> Store menu but not in the appstore
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version

Well, a cydia tweak called Sparrow Crash Fix for 5.x fixed the crashing

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well, a cydia tweak called Sparrow Crash Fix for 5.x fixed the crashing
    I'm glad you got it taken care of. Take care and enjoy the rest of your day.