Get rid of default apple Id

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
There was a problem with my Sparrow app crashing and it turned out to be the cause of some sort of Apple ID verification, but whenever I try to sign out then sign in again, there is an unchangeable Apple ID that I've never used, so how can I get rid of this and log in to download Sparrow and get it to verify my downloadImageUploadedByTapatalk1358978620.801724.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can you Dow load any other app? If so, you should be able to download Sparrow. Anyway ,you may have to login to Manage My Apple ID either via your device's web browser or via a computer web browser and then select to edit your primary Apple ID or you can create an alternate Apple ID (it will be associated with your primary) and use it. That should work for you.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i tghink the way to change the apple id on your device is under settings>general>store
then at the bottom you can sign out where it says apple id, click there and you can signout or sign in under a different name

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know maybe I am over-reacting but the OP is clearly jailbroken (status bar has extras, the pop-up is themed and the font is different) so perhaps he has done something he shouldn't have. Maybe.

I think OP should try deleting the app and reinstalling.

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is jail broken but that apparent apple id is from where once I just randomly smashed keys on the sign in and somehow it stuck and I don't know how to change it. I can download sparrow and any other apps, but apparently some apps such as sparrow require some sort of authentication so the app crashes automatically

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is jail broken but that apparent apple id is from where once I just randomly smashed keys on the sign in and somehow it stuck and I don't know how to change it. I can download sparrow and any other apps, but apparently some apps such as sparrow require some sort of authentication so the app crashes automatically

That doesn't make sense to me. According to the screenshot, Sparrow is asking for your Apple ID. Unless it is in relation to an iCloud specific setup with a different Apple ID, the only Apple ID it should be asking for is the one you use for purchases. I don't use Sparrow and have never used it so I'm only speculating.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Did you do what I told you to do?

Settings--general--store?

samthelegoman1

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you do what I told you to do?

Settings--general--store?

Yea I logged into my account there and it shows up as that in the AppStore but when I logout it automatically reverts to the weird name and according to some article I read to fix the Sparrow problem I have to log in straight through the AppStore in order to verify the account which is not possible

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
URGENT ok i was trying to jailbreak my friends i pod and now it wont come on at all its just a black screen HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp

If the iPod is an "iPod Touch", put it in DFU mode to restore it. To do that, follow the instructions found HERE.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
URGENT ok i was trying to jailbreak my friends i pod and now it wont come on at all its just a black screen HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp

Also get your own threaddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

And op, I don't want you to change it on app store. I want you to change it in settings...
It shouldn't revert back.
Maybe you have a tweak issue. So you should put your phone into safe mode and then try to change your apple I'd in settings and see if it sticks this time.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2