Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default URL for phone app ???

Ok here's one that caught my interest. I found a app that allows you to make a icon that with one press will call a specified contact. The way it does this is my it which contact and number and what action to take wether it be call or SMS. Then it opens safari with a URL already typed in and it tells you to create a shortcut on home screen. After seeing this I wondered if I can just type in my own URL and save it on my homepage without the app. I searched for about an hour but all I can find was info about app integration. I'm not trying to write an app I'm just trying to make a contact icon that will call a person with one press. Can anyone please help???
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts

Default URL for phone app ???

Doesn't the shortcut the app makes initiate the call when you tap the shortcut? Albeit a few screens shuffle around, but the call initiates. Right?
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.