iPhone 4s battery issue

ata822

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
The past couple of days my phone has been acting up. I always charge my phone before I go to bed and again when I wake up in the morning. I almost never over charge it. And usually it only drops 4-5% over night. But now it goes from 95% to 60% while just sitting there. And last night when I went to bed I was at 50% and I woke up and it was dead. Before I went to bed I killed all my Apps etc... Before this happened I hadnt downloaded any new apps or changed any settings from how they always have been. I'm rely stumped because I've always done everything I can to preserve my battery.

...And not sure if it's related but my headphone jack stopped working out of nowhere the day before...

Any ideas?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
try doing a Reset of Settings and Network Settings then give it a full charge and see what happens

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
It could be a battery issue, or it could be a calibration issue. I know Apple recommends taking the batt level down to 20% or so at least once a month. This helps the percentage scale calibrate. I would reset the Settings / Network Settings as per BLiNK's recommendation and then run it down to 20% or lower. (Some people recommend running it until it dies, but I try to avoid the full discharge as I've read lithium based batteries do not like full discharges.) Then charge it up and see how it goes. I had a phone once that would drop like crazy, but once it got down to 10-15%, it would last for hours. After recalibrating it, the batt level dropped more evenly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner