Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Question Can I activate my iphone 4s without a sim tried with just wifi didnt wrk

Hi all just need some help,
    Is there a way to activate my Iphone 4s without the sim as I have just received my Iphone 4s I was told it was on Vodafone but I don't have a Vodafone sim and I tried to activate the handset via my WiFi but it just says activation failed insert sim and try again. Im a noobie to this so please excuse the lack of knowledge with apple products.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I activate my iphone 4s without a sim tried with just wifi didnt wrk

You do need a sim for the carrier to which it is locked - or any sim if it is unlocked.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I activate my iphone 4s without a sim tried with just wifi didnt wrk

Thanks Alli will have to get a vodphone sim then.

Thanks
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Hi Alli,
    I have borrowed a sim from a friend and have got the phone activated just wondered if it is possible to jailbreak so I can use my t mobile sim I have ios 6.0.1 software
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

You can find all the info on jailbreaking over in the Jailbreak forum. Everything you need to know is there.
    bbjp01 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Default Can I activate my iphone 4s without a sim tried with just wifi didnt wrk

Quote Originally Posted by bbjp01 View Post
    Hi Alli,
    I have borrowed a sim from a friend and have got the phone activated just wondered if it is possible to jailbreak so I can use my t mobile sim I have ios 6.0.1 software

No jailbreak for 4S on 6.0.1 yet. What u need is the phone unlocked to work on T-Mobile not jailbroken.
    bbjp01 likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

hi all and thanks for the replys i know i was told that i cannot jailbreak my iphone on ios 6.0.1 but stumbled upon this is it true or a fake?

Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 To Jailbreak iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1 | Absinthe Jailbreak.com
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Default Can I activate my iphone 4s without a sim tried with just wifi didnt wrk

Quote Originally Posted by bbjp01 View Post
    hi all and thanks for the replys i know i was told that i cannot jailbreak my iphone on ios 6.0.1 but stumbled upon this is it true or a fake?

Download Sn0wbreeze v2.9.7 To Jailbreak iOS 6 and iOS 6.0.1 | Absinthe Jailbreak.com

Like we've already said, NO JB for i4S. That's for i4 and below who are on 6.0.1
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Ok thanks every one for all there input on my enquiry will have to get it unlocked from somwere /one