Wierd screen and/or os issue

innocentman

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have an screen and/or os issue which came up when i installed newest os. So the problem is when i press the turn on button apple logo shows only on second or two, after that screen stays black. phone turns on and it works, itunes reads it and everything works. When my battery drained i pressed the power button and phone shows the dead battery picture and that i need to charge it. So i charge it and same story again.

So i was wondering is there any help?

thanks

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have an screen and/or os issue which came up when i installed newest os. So the problem is when i press the turn on button apple logo shows only on second or two, after that screen stays black. phone turns on and it works, itunes reads it and everything works. When my battery drained i pressed the power button and phone shows the dead battery picture and that i need to charge it. So i charge it and same story again.

So i was wondering is there any help?

thanks
Ok, so if i understand your post correctly. Your phone works but the screen does not light up when you wake your device up, correct? Here's a few suggestions to try:
1) reboot your device - hold sleep/on/off button TOGETHER with the home button - ignore "slide to power off". Let go when you see Apple logo.
2) Restore your device hooked up through itunes.
3) sounds like the light for the screen may have went (idk?) Take a trip to your nearest Apple store and see what they have to say.

ShaneBunting

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend trying the tips above, or taking it to the Apple store - they may replace it for you at no charge, which would be a good thing!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ive run across several of these recently in a large batch of used equipment.
What i found was that replacing the Glass/LCD (LCD is glued to the glass) has brought the affected units back to working conditions. The only conclusion i can come up with is that the LCD module is starting to go bad. Probably not the LCD its self but the components attached to it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods