Going to need a JB for iOS 6 SOON.....or else...

UDLOSE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
The last few apps I tried to download would not let me because I didnt have ios 6.... I really didnt mind having ios 5 but if they are going to make it where we can't get any new apps well that will suck !!!!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You do realize you don't have to update your apps just because a new version is available, right? You can stay with the old app until the end of time. Apps are updated to take advantage of features available on the newest os (which you won't have) or the newest device (which you won't have), so there's no reason to update. Just stick to iOS 5 and your jailbreak and your old versions.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
as much as i love technology this really irks me. i just had to update my mbp so i could properly browse the web. if it isnt broke then dont fix it. apple killed 10.5 support so i spent the other day updating my mac for 5 hrs.

i see this more with apple than any other company pushing out updates and then not supporting the older versions or pushing out updates to devices that really cannot handle it. . for an example i have a pc laptop from 05 that has xp on it. granted it does not run as fast as my mbp but i still get updates from it and i could still surf the web properly without getting the "your browser is out of date" error on banners of sites.

this is by no means bashing apple in any way but in my tech history i have never seen any other set of devices (that ive owned) force updates like they do.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc.. They want people to evolve with their newer products and software. The cut off line for support and product integration has to stop at some point and yes it will force users to upgrade or change hardware...

FYI - Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will go out of support on April 8, 2014 - Which means no more updates... Yes there is time, but they listed a cut off time. They have already urged Businesses to move from XP already.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple, Microsoft, Google, etc.. They want people to evolve with their newer products and software. The cut off line for support and product integration has to stop at some point and yes it will force users to upgrade or change hardware...

FYI - Windows XP SP3 and Office 2003 will go out of support on April 8, 2014 - Which means no more updates... Yes there is time, but they listed a cut off time. They have already urged Businesses to move from XP already.

I understand that but my mac forced me in 3 years while I've had my pc since 05.

It bugs me that apples turnaround is so fast and their products are so expensive.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
or else... what? you will continue to stomp your feet? stomp away

Not stomp my feet rather ill just buy something that won't go obsolete in 2 years.

I've purchased some things I regret purchasing and it was a learning curve and a good lesson.

I guess technology for me is still trial and error.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it is just me but I always update. Why are you still on iOS 5? the 4S does a fantastic job running 6 and now that Google Maps is out if that was your hesitation it can be solved easily. I am not in anyway trying to push the update on you, just wondering why you have chosen to stay behind.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I can understand your point entirely. It is indeed quite frustrating. I myself experienced huge slowdowns in my 2009 27" iMac that lead me to get the Retina Macbook Pro. Well that and the amazing screen and power this thing has. I see it differently with phones though. Even here in Canada we can upgrade every 2 years with a contract renewal, and let's be honest, contracts suck. I think the idea of a product lasting 3 years is nothing but a pipe dream in our current era.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it is just me but I always update. Why are you still on iOS 5? the 4S does a fantastic job running 6 and now that Google Maps is out if that was your hesitation it can be solved easily. I am not in anyway trying to push the update on you, just wondering why you have chosen to stay behind.

If the op is anything like myself I am a person of "if it isn't broke don't fix it" if my phone ran best as a phone on 5 I'd keep it there. Yeah it sucks that some apps won't support 5 anymore but what you have to remember is it is a phone 1st.

Sent from my game boy color

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
If the op is anything like myself I am a person of "if it isn't broke don't fix it" if my phone ran best as a phone on 5 I'd keep it there. Yeah it sucks that some apps won't support 5 anymore but what you have to remember is it is a phone 1st.

In my opinion iOS 6 has not ruined anything at all. It has improved upon iOS 5 in every way (let is not get into the maps) and it runs just as smooth on my 4S

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion iOS 6 has not ruined anything at all. It has improved upon iOS 5 in every way (let is not get into the maps) and it runs just as smooth on my 4S

Well you said one thing. The maps. I know you said not to get into it but that is 1 huge one. The media has made a mockery of the maps and the general consumer only knows they took away gmaps and replaced it with applemaps. They have no clue that gmaps came back the other day.

Others are people have complained about battery life. Camera issues with crashing the phone.

I am in no way bashing but people hear what they want to hear. Walking around with a BlackBerry you know how many people ask me "they're still around? Last I knew they went belly up"

Again like I said. If the op is like me there is no NEED to change because 5 runs fine.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner