Auto Cycle Thru Apps in Fast App Switcher

rkromney

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to continuously cycle through and display each app docked in the fast app switcher? Ideally, the time each app is displayed would be configurable. Thanks in advance.
Bob

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to continuously cycle through and display each app docked in the fast app switcher? Ideally, the time each app is displayed would be configurable. Thanks in advance.
Bob

Yes I would answer the same or ask the same question as Alli. What would be this purpose? The app switcher is what it is, What is the big deal?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
is this so they auto refresh without you opening them again? i dont know maybe im reading the op's question wrong.

rkromney

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The idea is to make it easy to monitor information coming in from several apps without having to pickup the device and manually flip thru all the running apps, like the ultimate "live tile" concept.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The idea is to make it easy to monitor information coming in from several apps without having to pickup the device and manually flip thru all the running apps, like the ultimate "live tile" concept.

Most of the apps in your fast app switcher are dormant - just recently used, and don't have any information coming in.

If you want the live tile concept, turn on notifications for the things you want to be notified of, and pull down your notification shade.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site

Well with android having widgets, windows phone having live tiles and BlackBerry 10 having the 4 tiles on the home live screen I'd hope apple would do something to keep with the times.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well with android having widgets, windows phone having live tiles and BlackBerry 10 having the 4 tiles on the home live screen I'd hope apple would do something to keep with the times.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

If you want this kind of thing, get an Android or Windows Phone. I monitor what's coming in by my notification window.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If you want this kind of thing, get an Android or Windows Phone. I monitor what's coming in by my notification window.

I'm not saying I want or need it. Just stating my opinion with the changing market ;)

Sent from my game boy color

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
With Jony Ive now working on the iOS department, he could think of a more innovative way of displaying information. Who said information had to be displayed through live tiles, widget, or notification windows? Don't have any idea how information could be re innovated, just a thought. Jony was the one who developed the beautiful iPhone 4 and up designs, who knows what he could do with the software, which is not as limiting as hardware.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I chose not to go Windows Phone because I don't like live tiles. My husband has ordered Windows 8 for his PC but said the first thing he will do upon installing will be to disable live tiles. Since all they do is notify you to go into an app for all the information, you may as well use some other notification system. Even the widgets on Android just notify you that there is new information available - you still have to go into an app to get details.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Apple is not usually one to follow the crowd, so I wouldn't hold my breathe for that feature. Apple's philosophy has always been that they are going to do what they believe is best for the customer experience regardless of what the customer says for him or herself. Sometimes they get it wrong, but more often than not, they get it right.

In regards to a live tile/widget feature, you obviously think they've gotten it wrong. That's fine, but I personally agree with Alli though that there is no need for any sort of live tile functionality.

I totally agree with you with apple leading the way. Seems like a few things after they end up playing catch up. Just 1 example is the pull down notification center from android.

I know if it weren't for apple we probably would still be walking around with palm phones and BlackBerry 8330's but they start a trend and sometimes others get certain aspects better than them and then they grab certain things and run with it.

Alli were you a big treo nut back in the day? I feel like I know you from the old wmcentral and palmcentral sites. I'm just broadening my smartphone forums experience since this whole passport thing has come to life.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I chose not to go Windows Phone because I don't like live tiles. My husband has ordered Windows 8 for his PC but said the first thing he will do upon installing will be to disable live tiles. Since all they do is notify you to go into an app for all the information, you may as well use some other notification system. Even the widgets on Android just notify you that there is new information available - you still have to go into an app to get details.

I agree. Tiles are not for everybody. Heck nothing is for everybody. If we all liked the same thing we would be one heck of a boring race.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Alli were you a big treo nut back in the day? I feel like I know you from the old wmcentral and palmcentral sites. I'm just broadening my smartphone forums experience since this whole passport thing has come to life.

You got it! Look at my 2002 join date. That can only mean Treo Central. I was also the editor on mtdn for a long time.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
You got it! Look at my 2002 join date. That can only mean Treo Central. I was also the editor on mtdn for a long time.

Ok I remember you now. I believe either the 800 or the pro was your last one. Then u went ios?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Moved to Windows Mobile with the 800 (last Treo made), and then stayed with WM for a while. When I dumped Sprint, despite my huge love for Dan Hesse, I went to AT&T and the iPhone was the only real choice. Been iOS and loving it ever since.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Moved to Windows Mobile with the 800 (last Treo made), and then stayed with WM for a while. When I dumped Sprint, despite my huge love for Dan Hesse, I went to AT&T and the iPhone was the only real choice. Been iOS and loving it ever since.

Ahh ok. Yeah I went from the 800W to a BlackBerry curve,bold and then left for AT&T and got the bold 9900 and me and berry has been my love for the past many many moons. Lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711