iPhone 4S best battery test

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks see this what do you think?
I did a lot of reading, Internet and watch a few video. I think the last update 6.0.1 is very good.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1355031070.335079.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1355031070.335079.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 68

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
on beta 6 i had seen chris parsons a.k.a b1aze post a multiple day idle time on his 4s. i guess it all depends on usage and what kind of usage. i know with my blackberry if i dont charge it the traditional way with the usb but use a cradle or powermat it doesnt register a charge.

i know the op only has 18 posts but if this is true then this should be on apple commercials. haha

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
That's no fake guys I didn't charge my iPhone and it's the reel thing that ain't no crap but remark i was using Edge instead of 3G.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok,

I have been on Wifi some days with awesome battery life unlike some days being on 3G with not so good battery life...

With that battery life you posted.....Use it well

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:Dnice battery stats OP!! thats def not unheard of if your a light to moderate user.

back when i used my 4S lightly i was able to get this:
photo-2.png

I'm not trying to outdo the OP at all, just pointing out it is possible to get this kind of battery life out of the device. My ss i posted was when i was on 5.0.1, not sure of the date tho. I was a (very)light user at the time, hence the longer battery life that could carry, just like the OP is able to achieve:)

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Ok being on edge explains a lot. When I would put my BlackBerry into 2g mode it would get insane battery life. But then again your not taking full advantage of what you are paying for.

To each his own I guess.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm slighty disappointed in the battery life of my iPhone 4S (bought outright a couple of weeks after the iPhone 5 launch).

I spend a lot of time connected to Wi-Fi, which is still taxing on the battery, but extended periods on 3G drain my battery ludicrously fast.

This screenshot was from today, connected to Wi-Fi, Mail set to fetch hourly... Does this seem right???

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1357752292.224098.jpg

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm slighty disappointed in the battery life of my iPhone 4S (bought outright a couple of weeks after the iPhone 5 launch).

I spend a lot of time connected to Wi-Fi, which is still taxing on the battery, but extended periods on 3G drain my battery ludicrously fast.

This screenshot was from today, connected to Wi-Fi, Mail set to fetch hourly... Does this seem right???

View attachment 25139

that standby time is horrendous

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok,

I have been on Wifi some days with awesome battery life unlike some days being on 3G with not so good battery life...

With that battery life you posted.....Use it well

I agree with John as i have gotten similar results some days on WIFI as well as 3G as John mentions. A crap shoot at best so to speak.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
:Dnice battery stats OP!! thats def not unheard of if your a light to moderate user.

back when i used my 4S lightly i was able to get this:
http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z340/P1nkD1am0nds/photo-2.png

I'm not trying to outdo the OP at all, just pointing out it is possible to get this kind of battery life out of the device. My ss i posted was when i was on 5.0.1, not sure of the date tho. I was a (very)light user at the time, hence the longer battery life that could carry, just like the OP is able to achieve:)

Like and same here as well as being a light user but now being a heavier user on 6.0.1 my battery use varies depends on if I am on 3G or WIFI and what I am doing.

Pink a dumb question that I have never noticed but what is the lock in your notification bar with the circular arrow for?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What do many of my frequent friends on the forum that consider themselves anywhere from a moderate to heavy user no matter the use consider from a 100% charge for usage and standby to be normal say at around anywhere from 50% on down like I am seeing on many of your screenshots and battery percentage?

This would help me understand my own % usage better.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Like and same here as well as being a light user but now being a heavier user on 6.0.1 my battery use varies depends on if I am on 3G or WIFI and what I am doing.
i'm also more of a heavy user with iOS 6.0.1. Now a days it varies for me as well depending on what I'm doing. Usually I see 7-9hrs usage with 1+day(s) on standby by :)
Pink a dumb question that I have never noticed but what is the lock in your notification bar with the circular arrow for?
that is to lock the screen in portrait mode so it does not rotate into landscape mode. Double tap your home button, swipe left and you'll see a box with a lock in it. Tapping that is what activates it on or off;)

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

mglivesey

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
that standby time is horrendous

I know! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix it?

I'm pretty tech-savvy, so all push services are set to manual, 3G turned off when on Wi-Fi, etc, I'd just really appreciate another opinion on what I can do...

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
i'm also more of a heavy user with iOS 6.0.1. Now a days it varies for me as well depending on what I'm doing. Usually I see 7-9hrs usage with 1+day(s) on standby by :)

that is to lock the screen in portrait mode so it does not rotate into landscape mode. Double tap your home button, swipe left and you'll see a box with a lock in it. Tapping that is what activates it on or off;)

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk!!

Pink thank you as always for the input and info on the portrait lock which I did not know.... Listen up everybody, No matter how long you have or have not been registered here you can always learn something from Pink and all the others like I just did.

Thank you again.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711