Any 4s users try the Moto Razr Maxx HD and come back to 4s/5

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if anyone out there tried Maxx HD and were disappointed and came back to iOS? Overall I have been happy with the 4s. A little bored with it and starting to like the idea of having a larger screen. The biggest thing I am worried about is not having the itunes library on my phone. I am sure you can put the library on it I'm sure. But I am guessing there is no way to make and change playlists and def can't buy a song from iTunes! Anyways, this doesn't need to be a bash android thread, just like to hear what others have experienced.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
had a coworker do this and he exported his songs from itunes but im not sure how. he has never gone back to the 5 but he seems to be liking the maxx from what i hear when we talk.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I went from the iPhone 4 and tried the Razr M because it was a similar size. While I really liked Jelly Bean I missed a few things from iOS. Mostly just the way apps work and look. The big issue was the camera though. I use my phone as my main camera and the Razr camera is not even close to the camera on the 4 and the 4s is even better. Plus the whole family uses iPhones and iPods so communication and sharing was not as easy. Bottom line is I picked up a 4S that will eventually go to my daughter when I upgrade to the 5S or whatever comes next year. I just like the way iOS works. I'll pick up a nexus 7 to play with android.

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
You can upload your iTunes library to Google Music. You get enought storage (20,000 songs) for free. Your playlist and all will be the same as they are in your iTunes. With your music in Google Music, you will be using your data to listen to it. Or you can play (on device only) which means Google will leave SOME songs on your device to be heard offline. Or you can of course listen via Wifi! Whatever changes you make to your iTunes library will be reflected in Google Music. You'll have to download the Google Music Device Manager on your computer but it's pretty easy and straight forward. I just left the Droid Razr Maxx to go back to the iPhone 4s because I really missed iOS. I loved jellybean and all the things I could do by being rooted but the smoothness of it's interface was like my iPhone's. It's definitely different and I say go for it! You can always go back to what you know :)

jonsigler

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I decided to switch recently from Sprint to Verizon.

I have a 4s on Sprint right now.

The Maxx HD seemed like the specs made it a better phone for me. HUGE battery, liquipel or something like it, Gorilla glass and insurance that covers loss...

I've had it a week and decided that specs are not real world usage for me. Yes the battery is amazing, as big as a phone should have, I doubt I could kill it in a day. That isn't enough to get me to go android. I thought I'd type faster with SwiftKey, nope I keep looking for what has been suggested and not just typing. Where is that app, is it on the main screens, in the apps, as a widget, wait I forget. I like the iOS set up better. I think the camera on the HD is on par with my old BB 8330 camera. Not what a $300 phone should have. I've never felt at home on the phone.

You comment about music, I don't listen to music on my phone so I can't talk to my thoughts on your one comment, but I can say I ordered the iPhone 5 tonight and can't wait to make the switch once I pick it up.

ShaneBunting

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
The only thing that appeals to me about those phones are their battery lives - the only thing that disappoints me about the 4S. The bigger screens aren't too much of a big feature to me, they just shatter easier. Then the build quality and materials are a lot weaker on any other phone.. So personally I'd stick to the iOS device lineup, but I suppose there are lots of people out there who are also bored as you are!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't comment on the Razr Maxx, however I did just switch from a BB9930 to a 4s and I'm very pleased with my decision. The build quality and overall experience has been more than I expected.