Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By saynt j
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Default Motherboard swap

Real quick...

I have a family member's 4s that is badly damaged. Both back and front glass is obliterated and the volume buttons are loose and barely functioning. (She has 3 kids under 8 that fight over use of the phone. Why she lets them play with it I'll never know)...

If I get a Bad ESN 4s cheap from eBay and swap out the motherboards and SIM cards, same carrier, will there be any problems?

TIA
    No one cares what phones/computers/tablets you are using, or in which order you got them.... so stop listing.
    precon22 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,918 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Motherboard swap

CDMA to CDMA board swap out yes..
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Default Motherboard swap

Yeah as long as the phone your swapping mobo on is the same model ie 4s-->4s and and like ^^^^ CDMA --->CDMA you should be fine and that's awesome I you to do that kudos to you

Global Posts
    4,715 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Motherboard swap

Ya you will be fine as long as its the same model .. As stated not that bad of a swap

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Motherboard swap ipad

curious i got IPAD 2 16gb for mom for mothers day it's has bad ESN and said dim backlight issues ??? still yet to check it out but knowin it has a bad ESN if i could fix the blacklight issue could she still get wifi with it and stuff apps and stuff cuz she says she doesn't want or need to activate it with verizon and **** so i'm like great she says she doesn't want to pay for like singaling wifi thru the verizon ppl n pay extra n stuff first i pad dont' know how the plans are but ppl say they can fix ESNs like hacking or sum **** 97$ fixed i just want what she wants and thats a screen that works which i think i got under control and possibly be able to buy apps and use wifi on it....

could i possibly idk i'm new lemme know worst case i can't fix the screen and i jus go all out and buy a new mother board prob solved right