Sync contacts

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have my contacts set up through Google, as I came from Android, but lately when I add contacts on my PC, they don't show up on my iPhone. What do I need to do?

Update: I just noticed that if I add contact info to my phone, it immediately shows on my PC. It is like there is a one-way communication.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have my contacts set up through Google, as I came from Android, but lately when I add contacts on my PC, they don't show up on my iPhone. What do I need to do?

If you have Gmail set up on your iPhone via the Microsoft Exchange setup, your Mail, Contacts and Calendar(s) will be synced to your device automatically and you will enjoy push notifications. If you set up the account via the Gmail setup on your iPhone, delete it and set it up via the Microsoft Exchange method. Use m.google.com as the server when prompted. Doing so *should* solve your problem.

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I switched from an Android also. I had to do the Verizon contact transfer thing and I stopped using Google. I manage my contacts on my computer through icloud.com. It works just as well and it has everything there.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
As stated you can set up gmail as exchange or
Use the vzw contact transfer if your contact were uploaded to Verizon prior
Or
Go to gmail export the contact to a csv file and then go to iCloud and import them

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
If you have Gmail set up on your iPhone via the Microsoft Exchange setup, your Mail, Contacts and Calendar(s) will be synced to your device automatically and you will enjoy push notifications. If you set up the account via the Gmail setup on your iPhone, delete it and set it up via the Microsoft Exchange method. Use m.google.com as the server when prompted. Doing so *should* solve your problem.

This is exactly how I have it set up (Exchange), and it has worked fine until now. I don't understand why it will sync from phone to PC, but not PC to phone.

carrkevinu

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I had to do the Verizon contact transfer thing and I stopped using Google.
a117.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711