Quick question, I have a VZ iPhone 4S which is JB and I am going to give it to my son who has never had a iPhone.
Do I have to reset it and loose the JB before I transfer it to him so this way it can be activated under his name on VZ? I know there is the process to remove the JB first then go from there but do not know if I have to do that?
When he connects to iTunes will it now know this is his phone?
- 11-19-2012, 04:53 PM #2
Re: 4S transfer
Once a new device is active on the line the 4S was one, it is free to be activated under any other Verizon account as-is, jailbreak intact. You'll have to work out if son gets his own AppleID, or uses yours... you can use your MyVerizon account, if you have one, to replace the device on son's line... once you do that, you'll need to dial *228 and select option 1... and the phone will then be active on your son's line... and when connected to iTunes, it will already be active on your son's line.Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
iPhone 6; iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
"When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
- 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM #4
- 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM #5
- 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM #7
- By Hjad in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2011, 08:38 PM
- By Justin55372011 in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 12Last Post: 10-14-2011, 05:45 PM
- By Netherscourge in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 6Last Post: 10-11-2011, 12:09 PM
- By robsegura in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 14Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:32 PM
- By ainslee_AU in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 8Last Post: 10-10-2011, 01:17 PM