4S won't charge via USB, but will charge with wall adapter

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden, my 4S isn't recognized by Windows and won't charge if I connect via USB. It does charge if plugged in via the wall adapter. I have tried a different USB cable and different computer and have also done a couple of resets to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
All of a sudden, my 4S isn't recognized by Windows and won't charge if I connect via USB. It does charge if plugged in via the wall adapter. I have tried a different USB cable and different computer and have also done a couple of resets to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Try a USB connected to the back of a USB port and not the front where the back USB ports of a computer have more power. If this does not work check in your Hardware settings of your computer that your USB ports are being recognized and don't have any yellow slash marks next to them indicating trouble.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Also, try charging another person's phone on your computer. If you're using a work computer, check with your IS department to make sure they don't block it. I had to sweet talk one of the IS guys here to let me charge and use iTunes at work since I don't have a work computer. :)

ransonju

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Try a USB connected to the back of a USB port and not the front where the back USB ports of a computer have more power. If this does not work check in your Hardware settings of your computer that your USB ports are being recognized and don't have any yellow slash marks next to them indicating trouble.

This worked. I have a laptop with a docking station and the USB port on the docking station didn't work (which is usually what I use), but the USB port on the laptop itself worked. Strange.

I came in to work today and the docking station port worked again, like normal. Interesting...

Thanks for the info.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711