vCard - hide mobile #?

TBolt

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi all. I'm trying to help a client out here. I do not have access to her phone nor do I even know what version iPhone she has. I'm assuming it's not an iPhone 5.

Does the iPhone allow you to hide your mobile # when sending a vCard via SMS, by chance? At the source below, the following text leads me to believe that it is possible to create a vCard that does not include the mobile #. However, once you transmit the vCard via SMS, I have to assume your mobile # is included in the SMS (as it is for the rest of us non-iPhone users).

You will probably want to create more than one v-card about yourself in your Address Book?one for personal contact, business, and other activities.

Source: Three Ways To Send & Receive Business Cards On Your iPhone

Thank you! :)

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
If your client is trying to hide their mobile number common sense would say don't text from the number you wish to hide, as you said. But aside that small thing the quoted method would be the way to go about giving a vCard with only the desired information

TBolt

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
But aside that small thing the quoted method would be the way to go about giving a vCard with only the desired information

So, the iPhone did make it possible to text a vCard without exposing the mobile #?

I don't have an iPhone to test it on; this is why I ask.

Thank you.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
No. Not that I've seen. There are applications (bump is one I think) that allow for the contact to be sent but that involves being face to face and both parties being there.

Is email an option? Use a business account available to use to send the information?

TBolt

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
No. Not that I've seen. There are applications (bump is one I think) that allow for the contact to be sent but that involves being face to face and both parties being there.

Is email an option? Use a business account available to use to send the information?

Okay, thanks chadec. I would have been quite impressed if Apple had figured out a way to hide the mobile #. hehe One of the other options will have to do.

Thanks again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal