Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

lmao at you guys with your fb game going! Too funny!

D, I understand. Trust me when I tell you it took ALOT to keep from constantly double clicking the home button to close things out. It was a hard habit to curb.

Jags, I haven't turned fetch off and switched to manual yet either. It actually slipped my mind lol but while we're on the subject I'll switch it now. Lets see how long this will last with me and my OCD LOL. with my luck in a few hours I'll forget I switched the setting and think there's something up with why I'm not receiving emails !! LOL

Pink-a-licious 4S doin' the TapAtalk !!
    iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    Jaguarr40 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Default Re: 6.0.1 and the 4s

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    I've read the same stuff Jag but what I do know is every time my wife's iPad freezes up, I suggest that she clear out the dock of all apps and it's good to go.

Good Luck
    I would not disagree at all. I believe in the concept this guy writes on how the apps and app switcher works and as I have agreed with D, You and Pink, I clear mine also my friend.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Pink View Post
    lmao at you guys with your fb game going! Too funny!

D, I understand. Trust me when I tell you it took ALOT to keep from constantly double clicking the home button to close things out. It was a hard habit to curb.

Jags, I haven't turned fetch off and switched to manual yet either. It actually slipped my mind lol but while we're on the subject I'll switch it now. Lets see how long this will last with me and my OCD LOL. with my luck in a few hours I'll forget I switched the setting and think there's something up with why I'm not receiving emails !! LOL

Pink you are way toooo funny for me. I love it, Back to FB with D. No just kidding. Hey at least with the OCD like mine if you forget you switched off Fetch and wonder why you are not getting any emails just start a thread on it... Not getting emails on my 4S and we will do our best to assist you with your problem....
    ~JAG~

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    Pink you are way toooo funny for me. I love it, Back to FB with D. No just kidding. Hey at least with the OCD like mine if you forget you switched off Fetch and wonder why you are not getting any emails just start a thread on it... Not getting emails on my 4S and we will do our best to assist you with your problem....
    Lmao!! Yea my luck I'd start a thread & within moments of posting it I'd have a "doh!!" moment realizing I turned fetch off to manual and have to look like a dip-sh!t and apologize for my dippy-ness of forgetting I did so!!! 😂

*drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

In response to Turbo and Jags regarding the apps in the tray. Yes, Jags you are correct on this-there were quite a few articles floating around stating that the closing out of apps in the lower tray doesn't do anything. Even if you left them open it would not affect your battery or the phones performance. BUT, now the point Turbo has stated about his wife's iPad where it freezes and then a close out of the apps in the tray frees things up. I have to say sometimes my iPad 1st gen gets a bit sluggish(not freezing), and I need to do this too.

I have a conflicting opinion on this LOL. I have to say for the most part it doesn't affect your battery if you leave things in the tray, but then there are some apps that run in the background that even tho they are "dormant" in that lower tray I still believe it impacts the battery. On a daily basis at the end of the day before my head hits the pillow, I go in and close out the apps I've used through the course of my day, leaving in there only the settings, phone and message apps. Now, whether I'm wasting my time, a whole perhaps 30 seconds of my day in doing this, with it not making any difference at all? Who knows. But for my piece of mind and the way I like to manage my phone I do it. Each one of us is different and of course will have a different opinion on it too. I say just do what your comfortable with and what works well for you
    Well I hate to keep bringing up yours and mine OCD (Hope the grammar is correct) but I don't disagree with anybody here meaning You, Turbo or D. As many articles as I have read about the apps going "Dormant" but people making the point that when they clear the fast app switcher out other things get freed up. Not the one point both you and Turbo make are on the iPad but not the Iphone. I do not own an iPad... YET...lol so I have to go by my iPhone but i still close them out anyway during the day like D does so I guess we are all right and I do agree with one great statement you made... Whatever works for what "WE" feel and know works best for each of us is the correct way.
    ~JAG~

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Lmao!! Yea my luck I'd start a thread & within moments of posting it I'd have a "doh!!" moment realizing I turned fetch off to manual and have to look like a dip-sh!t and apologize for my dippy-ness of forgetting I did so!!! ��

LMAO! too.... For some reason I don't see that happenin!!
    ~JAG~

Global Posts
    15,482 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

This what your looking for?

Very well explained and thought out.. Though most users over look this, or do not even care to do anything.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Thanked by:
    ThePinkChameleon (12-03-2012)
    Jaguarr40 and seashell93 like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have an iphone 4s running IOS 6.0.1. No jailbreak history for this device. anytime i try to run the camera app i hit capture and camera app crashes and cant take a pic until reboot device. This was also occurring on ios 6. I thought the update to 6.0.1 would correct this issue. Are there any fixes for this issue? Is there a way to completely delete the software and start over?

Global Posts
    15,482 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

John Yester

Global Posts
    15,482 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Same here, my friend. I close out any app I'm not using and I do it throughout the entire day. It's a habit left over from my Android days, I suppose.
    Pink,
    Closing them out once a day makes too much sense.
    I'm doing it all day long. (OCD).
    I clear my wife's iPad each night ((she usually falls asleep on the couch. But once she returns from a multiple day biz trip, Yikes . The dock is full.
    Good Luck
    In response to Turbo and Jags regarding the apps in the tray. Yes, Jags you are correct on this-there were quite a few articles floating around stating that the closing out of apps in the lower tray doesn't do anything. Even if you left them open it would not affect your battery or the phones performance. BUT, now the point Turbo has stated about his wife's iPad where it freezes and then a close out of the apps in the tray frees things up. I have to say sometimes my iPad 1st gen gets a bit sluggish(not freezing), and I need to do this too.

I have a conflicting opinion on this LOL. I have to say for the most part it doesn't affect your battery if you leave things in the tray, but then there are some apps that run in the background that even tho they are "dormant" in that lower tray I still believe it impacts the battery. On a daily basis at the end of the day before my head hits the pillow, I go in and close out the apps I've used through the course of my day, leaving in there only the settings, phone and message apps. Now, whether I'm wasting my time, a whole perhaps 30 seconds of my day in doing this, with it not making any difference at all? Who knows. But for my piece of mind and the way I like to manage my phone I do it. Each one of us is different and of course will have a different opinion on it too. I say just do what your comfortable with and what works well for you
    killing apps manually is fine as a troubleshooting step but it shouldn't be part of your daily routine.
    John Yester

Global Posts
    19,401 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    killing apps manually is fine as a troubleshooting step but it shouldn't be part of your daily routine.
    If those app are merely a list of recently used apps and are technically dormant, what's the harm in removing them from the list?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Very well explained and thought out.. Though most users over look this, or do not even care to do anything.
    Thank you john, That was the exact article I was referring too and glad you posted it. I tend to side with him on this point but I also see where D is going with this is asll as I think he is saying and I am not speaking for him just a visual and habit type thing that he wants his fast app switcher clean when not using an app... Dormant or not.

Speirs makes excellent points and they are all true but I suppose it is an individuals thing more than anything else. I myself have this OCD about removing them although i know after reading the article that you don't have to worry about it.

Pink gets rid of hers at the end of the night, You I don't know and D and I pretty much as we are done with the apps. I will let 3-4 build up, Then clear them.

I beleive either way it is an individuals choice on how he wants to control his or her own phone that works best fore them.
    ~JAG~

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

If those app are merely a list of recently used apps and are technically dormant, what's the harm in removing them from the list?
    D'
    As I stated below your reply to John I agree with you but I am glad John found the article because I just wanted everyone to read "THIS" specific one by this fella. There is nothing wrong with your statement and you see how I answered it agreeing with you but as they say... Just food for thought my friend and nothing else.
    ~JAG~

Global Posts
    19,401 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

I didn't take John's post as a bad thing. I was seeking clarification on why closing out dormant app "shouldn't be part of your daily routine". I wanted to know if there was a known underlying negative consequence for doing so. That's all.

Global Posts
    19,401 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

D'
    As I stated below your reply to John I agree with you but I am glad John found the article because I just wanted everyone to read "THIS" specific one by this fella. There is nothing wrong with your statement and you see how I answered it agreeing with you but as they say... Just food for thought my friend and nothing else.
    No problem, Jag. I understand...
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

thanks for that article John. It was also one that i've read in the recent past year. unfortunately, prior to learning about the whole "closing out the multi tray" thing, i was already in the habit of closing out my apps on my iPad 1st gen, and then on my 4S back from Nov.2011. Like D & Jags have stated that they do this several times a day, i used to be that OCD about it. I've managed to turn the notch down on that and just close out right at the end of the day/night. So with it just being such a habit now, i'm not so sure i'd be able to break this one completely even tho i was able to tone it down

In the long run, really its not doing any harm, except perhaps wasting a few moments of my time to close out. But, i prefer to manage my phone that way and i do see your point, as well as in all the articles i've read about it that its not a necessary step because iOS handles it all for you But old habits are hard to break LOL

maybe.....just MAYBE one of these days i'll let it go for a couple of days at a time!!
    Jaguarr40 likes this.

Global Posts
    15,482 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Exactly. More of a maintenance side of things. But a lot has been posted not just on the forums here, but in a lot of places where people think by removing icon there device battery should get better, but in reality it doesn't something else is causing the issue.

Again it's good to shed some light on how and what the device is doing and why.

Same here, my friend. I close out any app I'm not using and I do it throughout the entire day. It's a habit left over from my Android days, I suppose.
    Pink,
    Closing them out once a day makes too much sense.
    I'm doing it all day long. (OCD).
    I clear my wife's iPad each night ((she usually falls asleep on the couch. But once she returns from a multiple day biz trip, Yikes . The dock is full.
    Good Luck

John Yester

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

I didn't take John's post as a bad thing. I was seeking clarification on why closing out dormant app "shouldn't be part of your daily routine". I wanted to know if there was a known underlying negative consequence for doing so. That's all.
    I also knew what you meant so no need to explain but nonetheless I know what you were seeking...
    ~JAG~

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

thanks for that article John. It was also one that i've read in the recent past year. unfortunately, prior to learning about the whole "closing out the multi tray" thing, i was already in the habit of closing out my apps on my iPad 1st gen, and then on my 4S back from Nov.2011. Like D & Jags have stated that they do this several times a day, i used to be that OCD about it. I've managed to turn the notch down on that and just close out right at the end of the day/night. So with it just being such a habit now, i'm not so sure i'd be able to break this one completely even tho i was able to tone it down

In the long run, really its not doing any harm, except perhaps wasting a few moments of my time to close out. But, i prefer to manage my phone that way and i do see your point, as well as in all the articles i've read about it that its not a necessary step because iOS handles it all for you But old habits are hard to break LOL

maybe.....just MAYBE one of these days i'll let it go for a couple of days at a time!!
    This will never happen:

maybe.....just MAYBE one of these days i'll let it go for a couple of days at a time!! HA! ....

PS My OCD is like yours but like I told you last night, That is why I take Xanax everyday to just calm me down and those ugly IOS habits.
    ~JAG~

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

This will never happen:

maybe.....just MAYBE one of these days i'll let it go for a couple of days at a time!! HA! ....
    sounds like a challenge to me

Last edited by Pink; 12-03-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

sounds like a challenge to me

A challenge huh?? Bring it on Pink, Like what might you be thinking of as a fair challenge to really check your OCD. Remember you were going to turn off Fetch. Did you do that yet??? hmmm!!

Get back to me when you think of something. Have a great evening with the family.
    ~JAG~

iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,980 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.2 :)

Default 6.0.1 and the 4s

Thanks for this!
    "Sometimes its not the song that makes you emotional. It's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it."
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

did IOS 6.0.1 have settings to lock apps on iphone??
    like iprotect tweaks from cydia...

any info please?
    i've been consider to upgrade to IOS 6.0.1 from my 5.1.1 JB IOS...
    but I still need the iprotect tweaks... and I know that there still no untethered JB on 4s IOS 6.0.1
    please help me...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123