Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Exclamation Messages Won't Load!

I'm trying to load my messages, but they won't come up. I get a white/blue screen like the header and background of the messages screen, but not buttons or messages will come up.
    I still receive texts, but when I click on the banner to reply I am taken to the messages app and again, it will not load. This is quite frustrating because I can't use messaging, and who calls nowadays? haha.

If you can help I'd appreciate it. I tried a restore and it didn't help.
    iMore Beginner

Default Re: Messages Won't Load!

After you've restored, du you setup the phone as new or restore from a backup?
    iPhone Nanite

Same thing happened to me. I sent myself pictures. I guess the file was too big and it kicked me off when I try to access the iMessages app. I tried to log in then out but it still won't let me access it still. Can anyone help?!?
    iPhone Nanite

Hi, did you ever resolve your issue? I'm having the same problem. Any help is greatly appreciated!
    iPhone Nanite

I am having the same problem, I was sent a really long message and now I get the blank screen and it stays blank for about 5-10 seconds and crashes, I have turned off then on the device and rebooted as well, if anyone knows the answer it will be greatly appreciated

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by EM156 View Post
    I am having the same problem, I was sent a really long message and now I get the blank screen and it stays blank for about 5-10 seconds and crashes, I have turned off then on the device and rebooted as well, if anyone knows the answer it will be greatly appreciated
    The is showing that everything should be operating normally. Have you tried turning OFF iMessage and then turning it back ON?
    iPhone Nanite

Yes I have tried that and it is not work someone help me please

Global Posts
    20,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Hauptman View Post
    Yes I have tried that and it is not work someone help me please
    What exactly have you tried?
    iMore Nanite

Hi everyone, I know this was ages ago but I thought I'd share my solution in case anyone else has this problem. What happened with me, and with others in other forums, is that a particular thread or message was causing the problem. I'd go to open the message and all I'd get was a white screen with the blue bar at the top. So, I went into contacts, pressed 'send message' to a contact whose message wasn't causing the problem, then I pressed back to messages. You then swipe to the left on the thread that's causing the problem, and delete it. Sadly this means you will lose all that person's messages, but you can try opening it from there and deleting it on the thread. Didn't work for me though. Hope that helps! It was the only thing that worked for me after about three days of total frustration and resetting!
    iMore Nanite

I had the problem stated above! Send myself a photo from my mac to my iPad but also received it on my old iPhone 4, and that just didn't work. Your solution worked like a charm! No need to reset your phone and restore a backup! Thanks!!
    iMore Nanite

My daughter was having this same problem on my old iPhone 3GS that I gave her. Thank you, Thank you firefly90!!!! Your method worked like a charm! I'm not tech savvy at all and would NEVER have figured this out. Created an acct on here just to post this . Only thing I did different was delete just the offending message coming in from her friend. Was a mwav file. That way the rest of the thread is still there.