Messages Won't Load!

Sjudd93

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to load my messages, but they won't come up. I get a white/blue screen like the header and background of the messages screen, but not buttons or messages will come up.
I still receive texts, but when I click on the banner to reply I am taken to the messages app and again, it will not load. This is quite frustrating because I can't use messaging, and who calls nowadays? haha.

If you can help I'd appreciate it. I tried a restore and it didn't help.

lexi_grl

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. I sent myself pictures. I guess the file was too big and it kicked me off when I try to access the iMessages app. I tried to log in then out but it still won't let me access it still. Can anyone help?!?
:confused:

EM156

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I was sent a really long message and now I get the blank screen and it stays blank for about 5-10 seconds and crashes, I have turned off then on the device and rebooted as well, if anyone knows the answer it will be greatly appreciated

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem, I was sent a really long message and now I get the blank screen and it stays blank for about 5-10 seconds and crashes, I have turned off then on the device and rebooted as well, if anyone knows the answer it will be greatly appreciated

The System Status page is showing that everything should be operating normally. Have you tried turning OFF iMessage and then turning it back ON?

firefly90

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, I know this was ages ago but I thought I'd share my solution in case anyone else has this problem. What happened with me, and with others in other forums, is that a particular thread or message was causing the problem. I'd go to open the message and all I'd get was a white screen with the blue bar at the top. So, I went into contacts, pressed 'send message' to a contact whose message wasn't causing the problem, then I pressed back to messages. You then swipe to the left on the thread that's causing the problem, and delete it. Sadly this means you will lose all that person's messages, but you can try opening it from there and deleting it on the thread. Didn't work for me though. Hope that helps! It was the only thing that worked for me after about three days of total frustration and resetting!

VincentNL

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the problem stated above! Send myself a photo from my mac to my iPad but also received it on my old iPhone 4, and that just didn't work. Your solution worked like a charm! No need to reset your phone and restore a backup! Thanks!!

leweeze10

May 6, 2014
Visit site
My daughter was having this same problem on my old iPhone 3GS that I gave her. Thank you, Thank you firefly90!!!! Your method worked like a charm! I'm not tech savvy at all and would NEVER have figured this out. Created an acct on here just to post this :). Only thing I did different was delete just the offending message coming in from her friend. Was a mwav file. That way the rest of the thread is still there.

Briteblue

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
2017...so many years later and this was still the right answer! My son was sending a really long text (he thought it would be cute to send A million or so emojis to a friend....), and it did the same thing. We went into contacts, did what you said and it worked like a charm! Thank you Firefly90!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My Phone Froze While I Was Sending A Message And Now When I Click My SMS App It Pops Up But It Is Just Blank. None Of My Messages Pop Up Or The New Text Button....Any Ideas Why???

No, but you might try swiping the messages app out of multitasking.
Or a Hard Reset (reboot)
Or Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi I have an s7 edge and all of a sudden messeger won't*load*messages the circle just goes around and around*I have uninstalled then installed turned phone of and on and still no luck can someone please help as its driving me up the wall

This is an Apple-centric forum so I’d recommend heading over to Android Central for an answer. Luckily someone else posted this exact same question a year ago on their forum, word-for-word.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/823768-messenger-wont-load-messages.html

Please take a moment to review our Community Rules & Guidelines. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods