More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

Stelv

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Former longtime Android user here. I started messing around with the iPhone 4s and I realized I didn't have to put up with lag anymore, so I switched. App selection, quality, performance, speed, camera are all better than android by far. The D1, GS1, Inc2, Bionic, Rezound and GSM Nexus had there moments for me but, none of them were better than my 4S.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm a recent I phone convert, over the past 12-18 months I've had 2 blackberries , 3 androids and even a windows phone. Before I'd always said I didn't see what was so good about the Iphone especially as looking at it on paper I could get a higher spec droid phone a lot cheaper.

However a few month ago the wife got an Iphone 4s and out of curiosity I had a play about with it and was impressed with the o/s and how smooth everything ran. I'd given up on blackberries as for me hanging apps and 5-10 mins for a reboot when the freeze was not good enough for me (torch9810) . I do sometimes miss the physical keyboard. I loved my bold9700 though and still keep it as a backup phone.

Android is naturally the main rival to IOS and the 2 recent droids I used (xperia s & galaxy note) had better specs than an I phone 4s but my wifes 4s still worked much better, on android I found pressing something basic like phone/messaging there is a gap of a good few seconds before they open. Only way I could get a droid to work close to the smoothness of IOS was by unlocking bootloaders/rooting and installing custom roms which is a bit time consuming and not everyone would feel comfortable dfoing it, maybe google can get it right in future updates but
for me right now it cannot compere to the smoothness of IOS.

Apart from the 2 weeks I have now been on IOS my favourite other O/S was definitely the windows phone. It was very smooth and like IOS everything did just seem to work. However a lack of apps and the some of the ones that were on there were quite expensive and had bits stripped out compered to their IOS and Android counterparts. Zune is also a horrible to use compered to ITunes or the drag and drop on android. I'm interested to see what windows phone 8 can do but will not be getting one just yet.

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to get my first Iphone I went to the shop all set to get an Iphone 5 so decided to have a play with the one on display and to me apart from the size and price it did not seem any different to me than the 4s. I was able to get a 32gb 4s on a much better deal than I could have got a 16gb 5. With the money I saved I have put that towards an Ipad (my first tablet) which should be here by the weekend :)

Glad I made the jump to apple and am looking forward to being here

Welcome to iMore!

rbayford

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
I've recently switched from the Blakberry Torch to the 4s. Got fed up with my torch being so slow, crashing all the time and just not being upto the job anymore. I had to reload the OS so many times after crashes that it got stupid!
I was an original iPhone user and had the 3G, but switched back to blackberry because some of the basics weren't in iOS, like copying and pasting! But now would never go back to BB!

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
You know what they say, never say never... ;)

I've recently switched from the Blakberry Torch to the 4s. Got fed up with my torch being so slow, crashing all the time and just not being upto the job anymore. I had to reload the OS so many times after crashes that it got stupid!
I was an original iPhone user and had the 3G, but switched back to blackberry because some of the basics weren't in iOS, like copying and pasting! But now would never go back to BB!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You know what they say, never say never... ;)

The new BBOS would have to be so fluid and the apps would have to be there before I'd go back. Not to mention the way iOS gets updates for the OS and the apps would have to be on BBOS before I'd even consider going back. I just can't see myself taking a giant step backwards with technology going from iOS to the new BBOS.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73