Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Global Posts
    22,269 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Not only well stated.... But very well true in every aspect!!
    No doubt about it...

Just Me, D
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #52  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,152 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Default Re: More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Well stated...

Just Me, D
    Hey now...Well stated and I don't get a thanks but John does...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Not only well stated.... But very well true in every aspect!!
    Hey guys where is my thanks for the post??
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    1,530 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura View Post
    I hope it snows here this year. We didn't get anything last year. It was far too warm.

Freezing it is an easy way to kill the phone without leaving any lasting marks on it. If you drown it, the water strip changes colors. If you run over it, it's kind of obvious. Same thing if you try to feed it to your dog or microwave it. My sister put her work BB in the freezer overnight and the next morning, it was frozen.

Literally.

She then got her new company issued iPhone from IS later that day.
    Hahaha! I'm afraid they'll replace my Bold with a Curve. Whichever the new one from sprint is. Unless we start selling it ourselves, we won't get company issued iPhones. And it'd have to be the 5 just to keep up. Hoping things will change by the holidays, im sick of bb. Was cool when I had 75 bbm contacts, now I just don't care lol.

My one x and my iPad handle corp email and calendar share just as well as the bb now so we need to just dump the RIM partnership already.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I have had just about every Blackberry there is and was and One Android phone but since I switched to an Iphone in December 2011 by buying a Christmas Present for myself in an iPhone 4S 16GB I have noticed more and more people on iMore who have like me switched to an iPhone like I did. Although CrackBerry.com is part of the Mobile Nations group I have seen at least 15 people that I have had interaction with in the CB forums now over here loving life like me with an iPhone.

I thought John Yesters comments in the 4S forum in why he switched sums it up for me and many others. All I have to say is IOS just darn works and the more I use it the more I love it. I was the first at work to switch and now 16 out of 28 emplyees have new iPhones. Anyway I just wanted to post this to thank everyone for giving IOS a try like I did, Welcome everyone that I know and hope to have alot of exchanges in the forums with all of you. Some great people here!!
    I switched initially to Android it's a good OS but since I have switched to iPhone there is no way I'm going back. Btw Blackberry OS10 looks sick I wish them well but it will be very hard for me to leave iPhone.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #55  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,152 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by dj2big View Post
    I switched initially to Android it's a good OS but since I have switched to iPhone there is no way I'm going back. Btw Blackberry OS10 looks sick I wish them well but it will be very hard for me to leave iPhone.
    Thank you for your comments and as I see you are fairly new here as I in terms of when we joined you will find out the more you participate here the more you will find how helpful the PROS as I call them who have many posts are willing to go out of their way to assist you with anything, They know what they are talking about and wont steer you wrong. Thanks for being a part of the forum with the rest of us that love IOS.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguarr40 View Post
    I don't mean to sound this way...lol but your post sounds a bit confusing and I presume you mean a 64GB Touch?? Anyway are you saying that overall you are a converted BB user and now love the IOS platform and Apple as much as the rest of us complainers?? lol

I hope you do because you came to the right place to talk IOS. Most of us, it just plain damn works for us so I hope it does for you too and welcome to the forums.
    Yup, the 64 gig is my iPod touch, my iPhone is 16. I never even considered Android as an option.

Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura
    Exactly how many songs do you have? I have the 16GB model as well and have apps and probably 200 songs on my phone and I am fine on space.
    My entire collection is around 1800, but I now have it down to my favourite 300 or so.

Just finished installing Onovo. thanks for the tip. Is there a wifi manager available?
    Last edited by TheDeej; 11-07-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: found more stuff to reply to
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

I'm a recent I phone convert, over the past 12-18 months I've had 2 blackberries , 3 androids and even a windows phone. Before I'd always said I didn't see what was so good about the Iphone especially as looking at it on paper I could get a higher spec droid phone a lot cheaper.

However a few month ago the wife got an Iphone 4s and out of curiosity I had a play about with it and was impressed with the o/s and how smooth everything ran. I'd given up on blackberries as for me hanging apps and 5-10 mins for a reboot when the freeze was not good enough for me (torch9810) . I do sometimes miss the physical keyboard. I loved my bold9700 though and still keep it as a backup phone.

Android is naturally the main rival to IOS and the 2 recent droids I used (xperia s & galaxy note) had better specs than an I phone 4s but my wifes 4s still worked much better, on android I found pressing something basic like phone/messaging there is a gap of a good few seconds before they open. Only way I could get a droid to work close to the smoothness of IOS was by unlocking bootloaders/rooting and installing custom roms which is a bit time consuming and not everyone would feel comfortable dfoing it, maybe google can get it right in future updates but
    for me right now it cannot compere to the smoothness of IOS.

Apart from the 2 weeks I have now been on IOS my favourite other O/S was definitely the windows phone. It was very smooth and like IOS everything did just seem to work. However a lack of apps and the some of the ones that were on there were quite expensive and had bits stripped out compered to their IOS and Android counterparts. Zune is also a horrible to use compered to ITunes or the drag and drop on android. I'm interested to see what windows phone 8 can do but will not be getting one just yet.

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to get my first Iphone I went to the shop all set to get an Iphone 5 so decided to have a play with the one on display and to me apart from the size and price it did not seem any different to me than the 4s. I was able to get a 32gb 4s on a much better deal than I could have got a 16gb 5. With the money I saved I have put that towards an Ipad (my first tablet) which should be here by the weekend :-)

Glad I made the jump to apple and am looking forward to being here
    RWWackostu likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to iMore and the Apple goodness!
    Overcame my Crackberry addiction by realizing that my device just had to work. If iPhone/iPad owners are sheep, then I just joined the flock.

iPhone 4S, iPad 3 32G

@wackostu on Twitter
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Just thought of another reason to switch to iPhone:

No Angry Birds for Blackberry
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,183 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.0.1

There is now, just costs more and not all the variations.
    Overcame my Crackberry addiction by realizing that my device just had to work. If iPhone/iPad owners are sheep, then I just joined the flock.

iPhone 4S, iPad 3 32G

@wackostu on Twitter
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeej View Post
    Just thought of another reason to switch to iPhone:

No Angry Birds for Blackberry
    And no Instagram or WWF.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Former longtime Android user here. I started messing around with the iPhone 4s and I realized I didn't have to put up with lag anymore, so I switched. App selection, quality, performance, speed, camera are all better than android by far. The D1, GS1, Inc2, Bionic, Rezound and GSM Nexus had there moments for me but, none of them were better than my 4S.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    523 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dp-4 View Post
    I'm a recent I phone convert, over the past 12-18 months I've had 2 blackberries , 3 androids and even a windows phone. Before I'd always said I didn't see what was so good about the Iphone especially as looking at it on paper I could get a higher spec droid phone a lot cheaper.

However a few month ago the wife got an Iphone 4s and out of curiosity I had a play about with it and was impressed with the o/s and how smooth everything ran. I'd given up on blackberries as for me hanging apps and 5-10 mins for a reboot when the freeze was not good enough for me (torch9810) . I do sometimes miss the physical keyboard. I loved my bold9700 though and still keep it as a backup phone.

Android is naturally the main rival to IOS and the 2 recent droids I used (xperia s & galaxy note) had better specs than an I phone 4s but my wifes 4s still worked much better, on android I found pressing something basic like phone/messaging there is a gap of a good few seconds before they open. Only way I could get a droid to work close to the smoothness of IOS was by unlocking bootloaders/rooting and installing custom roms which is a bit time consuming and not everyone would feel comfortable dfoing it, maybe google can get it right in future updates but
    for me right now it cannot compere to the smoothness of IOS.

Apart from the 2 weeks I have now been on IOS my favourite other O/S was definitely the windows phone. It was very smooth and like IOS everything did just seem to work. However a lack of apps and the some of the ones that were on there were quite expensive and had bits stripped out compered to their IOS and Android counterparts. Zune is also a horrible to use compered to ITunes or the drag and drop on android. I'm interested to see what windows phone 8 can do but will not be getting one just yet.

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to get my first Iphone I went to the shop all set to get an Iphone 5 so decided to have a play with the one on display and to me apart from the size and price it did not seem any different to me than the 4s. I was able to get a 32gb 4s on a much better deal than I could have got a 16gb 5. With the money I saved I have put that towards an Ipad (my first tablet) which should be here by the weekend :-)

Glad I made the jump to apple and am looking forward to being here
    Welcome to iMore!
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I've recently switched from the Blakberry Torch to the 4s. Got fed up with my torch being so slow, crashing all the time and just not being upto the job anymore. I had to reload the OS so many times after crashes that it got stupid!
    I was an original iPhone user and had the 3G, but switched back to blackberry because some of the basics weren't in iOS, like copying and pasting! But now would never go back to BB!
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,248 Global Posts
    iOS Version

You know what they say, never say never...

Quote Originally Posted by rbayford View Post
    I've recently switched from the Blakberry Torch to the 4s. Got fed up with my torch being so slow, crashing all the time and just not being upto the job anymore. I had to reload the OS so many times after crashes that it got stupid!
    I was an original iPhone user and had the 3G, but switched back to blackberry because some of the basics weren't in iOS, like copying and pasting! But now would never go back to BB!
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,704 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS5

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    You know what they say, never say never...
    The new BBOS would have to be so fluid and the apps would have to be there before I'd go back. Not to mention the way iOS gets updates for the OS and the apps would have to be on BBOS before I'd even consider going back. I just can't see myself taking a giant step backwards with technology going from iOS to the new BBOS.
    Dude! You slapped a fish. You punched it! Why would you hit it?

So she's praying...To Justin Timberlake apparently
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123