More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

bubba3595

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: More And More Switching To IOS From BlackBerry & Android

I have always liked the business look of BB and when i got my 9930 last year, i was in heaven. but as the device showed wear and tear, and the OS and apps wore on me....as well as me eyes looking at the I5 coming out.....i made a descision to go with the 5, and so far, COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site

the only downside is uncompressed date streams so I had to increase my data plan.

I loved my Blackberrys, but it was time to move on.

As they say, "there's an app for that." You can compress data on iPhone*, go to App Store and look for either Onavo or Snappli. Compression is only turned on when you're on 3G/4G and not when you're on Wifi, unless you want it to. You can also control the level of compression, and whether you want your emails to be compressed.

*Video and audio streams are not compressed, but that's also the case on Blackberry. Probably too much stress on servers to do on-the-fly re-compression of streaming data.

---------- Post Merged at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Exactly how many songs do you have? I have the 16GB model as well and have apps and probably 200 songs on my phone and I am fine on space.

A lot of people don't really like to manage their songs, they just stick their entire collection on there, which could be thousands of songs.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I'm forced to use a blackberry at work, we started selling the Samsung GS3 but they won't replace the bolds and curves of 1000 employees. I'm thinking about running over my bold....

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm forced to use a blackberry at work, we started selling the Samsung GS3 but they won't replace the bolds and curves of 1000 employees. I'm thinking about running over my bold....

Put it in the freezer for a few hours or if it's really cold where you are, leave it outside in your car overnight.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

It'll get cold shortly. Usually starts snowing in October out here ;)

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

It'll get cold shortly. Usually starts snowing in October out here ;)

I hope it snows here this year. We didn't get anything last year. It was far too warm.

Freezing it is an easy way to kill the phone without leaving any lasting marks on it. If you drown it, the water strip changes colors. If you run over it, it's kind of obvious. Same thing if you try to feed it to your dog or microwave it. My sister put her work BB in the freezer overnight and the next morning, it was frozen.

Literally.

She then got her new company issued iPhone from IS later that day. :)

Mattmead23

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
4 years of BB love and the occasional tweet to CrackBerry and never thought I would leave. 18 months ago I got my iPad2 (now on the new iPad) and it changed my understanding of mobile technology. I counted down the days until I could trade in my BB and now I'm the proud owner of and iphone 5. How did I survive without it!!!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
4 years of BB love and the occasional tweet to CrackBerry and never thought I would leave. 18 months ago I got my iPad2 (now on the new iPad) and it changed my understanding of mobile technology. I counted down the days until I could trade in my BB and now I'm the proud owner of and iphone 5. How did I survive without it!!!

Well finally welcome to the world of iPhone and welcome to the iMore forums, glad to have you. You chose a great blog with a good group of people willing to help you with anything.

I went with a 4S in December of 2011 and have owned every BlackBerry that was and I have never looked back. Like everyone says here alot. It just works and does what each person needs it to do and pretty much for the most part is solid with very few issues. Even iPhone has it's problems but you will get more pleasure out of your new iPhone than any BB so once again Welcome!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well finally welcome to the world of iPhone and welcome to the iMore forums, glad to have you. You chose a great blog with a good group of people willing to help you with anything.

I went with a 4S in December of 2011 and have owned every BlackBerry that was and I have never looked back. Like everyone says here alot. It just works and does what each person needs it to do and pretty much for the most part is solid with very few issues. Even iPhone has it's problems but you will get more pleasure out of your new iPhone than any BB so once again Welcome!

Well stated...;)

Just Me, D

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

I hope it snows here this year. We didn't get anything last year. It was far too warm.

Freezing it is an easy way to kill the phone without leaving any lasting marks on it. If you drown it, the water strip changes colors. If you run over it, it's kind of obvious. Same thing if you try to feed it to your dog or microwave it. My sister put her work BB in the freezer overnight and the next morning, it was frozen.

Literally.

She then got her new company issued iPhone from IS later that day. :)

Hahaha! I'm afraid they'll replace my Bold with a Curve. Whichever the new one from sprint is. Unless we start selling it ourselves, we won't get company issued iPhones. And it'd have to be the 5 just to keep up. Hoping things will change by the holidays, im sick of bb. Was cool when I had 75 bbm contacts, now I just don't care lol.

My one x and my iPad handle corp email and calendar share just as well as the bb now so we need to just dump the RIM partnership already.

dj2big

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had just about every Blackberry there is and was and One Android phone but since I switched to an Iphone in December 2011 by buying a Christmas Present for myself in an iPhone 4S 16GB I have noticed more and more people on iMore who have like me switched to an iPhone like I did. Although CrackBerry.com is part of the Mobile Nations group I have seen at least 15 people that I have had interaction with in the CB forums now over here loving life like me with an iPhone.

I thought John Yesters comments in the 4S forum in why he switched sums it up for me and many others. All I have to say is IOS just darn works and the more I use it the more I love it. I was the first at work to switch and now 16 out of 28 emplyees have new iPhones. Anyway I just wanted to post this to thank everyone for giving IOS a try like I did, Welcome everyone that I know and hope to have alot of exchanges in the forums with all of you. Some great people here!! :D

I switched initially to Android it's a good OS but since I have switched to iPhone there is no way I'm going back. Btw Blackberry OS10 looks sick I wish them well but it will be very hard for me to leave iPhone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I switched initially to Android it's a good OS but since I have switched to iPhone there is no way I'm going back. Btw Blackberry OS10 looks sick I wish them well but it will be very hard for me to leave iPhone.

Thank you for your comments and as I see you are fairly new here as I in terms of when we joined you will find out the more you participate here the more you will find how helpful the PROS as I call them who have many posts are willing to go out of their way to assist you with anything, They know what they are talking about and wont steer you wrong. Thanks for being a part of the forum with the rest of us that love IOS.

TheDeej

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to sound this way...lol:eek: but your post sounds a bit confusing and I presume you mean a 64GB Touch?? Anyway are you saying that overall you are a converted BB user and now love the IOS platform and Apple as much as the rest of us complainers?? lol

I hope you do because you came to the right place to talk IOS. Most of us, it just plain damn works for us so I hope it does for you too and welcome to the forums.

Yup, the 64 gig is my iPod touch, my iPhone is 16. I never even considered Android as an option.

Originally Posted by NobodyListensToLaura
Exactly how many songs do you have? I have the 16GB model as well and have apps and probably 200 songs on my phone and I am fine on space.

My entire collection is around 1800, but I now have it down to my favourite 300 or so.

Just finished installing Onovo. thanks for the tip. Is there a wifi manager available?

Last edited:

dp-4

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm a recent I phone convert, over the past 12-18 months I've had 2 blackberries , 3 androids and even a windows phone. Before I'd always said I didn't see what was so good about the Iphone especially as looking at it on paper I could get a higher spec droid phone a lot cheaper.

However a few month ago the wife got an Iphone 4s and out of curiosity I had a play about with it and was impressed with the o/s and how smooth everything ran. I'd given up on blackberries as for me hanging apps and 5-10 mins for a reboot when the freeze was not good enough for me (torch9810) . I do sometimes miss the physical keyboard. I loved my bold9700 though and still keep it as a backup phone.

Android is naturally the main rival to IOS and the 2 recent droids I used (xperia s & galaxy note) had better specs than an I phone 4s but my wifes 4s still worked much better, on android I found pressing something basic like phone/messaging there is a gap of a good few seconds before they open. Only way I could get a droid to work close to the smoothness of IOS was by unlocking bootloaders/rooting and installing custom roms which is a bit time consuming and not everyone would feel comfortable dfoing it, maybe google can get it right in future updates but
for me right now it cannot compere to the smoothness of IOS.

Apart from the 2 weeks I have now been on IOS my favourite other O/S was definitely the windows phone. It was very smooth and like IOS everything did just seem to work. However a lack of apps and the some of the ones that were on there were quite expensive and had bits stripped out compered to their IOS and Android counterparts. Zune is also a horrible to use compered to ITunes or the drag and drop on android. I'm interested to see what windows phone 8 can do but will not be getting one just yet.

I decided a couple of weeks ago I was going to get my first Iphone I went to the shop all set to get an Iphone 5 so decided to have a play with the one on display and to me apart from the size and price it did not seem any different to me than the 4s. I was able to get a 32gb 4s on a much better deal than I could have got a 16gb 5. With the money I saved I have put that towards an Ipad (my first tablet) which should be here by the weekend :)

Glad I made the jump to apple and am looking forward to being here

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73