Iphone 4s better battery life on ios6?

saichick04

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
My battery is pretty good. Granted before yesterday the last time I used an iPhone was iOS 5.1 😊 but I'm impressed. It's no razr maxx on battery but pretty good.

RWWackostu

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like alot of people dont manage their battery. I use social media, get a ton of email, play music, make calls have some apps running(but I manage how they push and locations) and I have 30- 50% battery left after a full day.

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
After using iOS 6 since they released the update I am now seeing the same battery life if not slightly worse then iOS 5. It might just be all the notifications and stuff that comes through in my phone. But soon as I take the phone off the charger it's drains down to 95 or 90 percent.

Tapatalking

Fantastic_Mr_F

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a jail break out for iOS 6.0.1 for the 4s yet?

Please send a link

I'm new to jail breaking I need the least administrative

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
jailbreak-ios-601-redsn0w.jpg

Jailbreakers will be pleased to discover that iOS 6.0.1 can already be jailbroken by using existing versions of Redsn0w. Currently, only the iPhone 4, iPod touch 4th gen, and iPhone 3GS are supported, and you?ll have to point Redsn0w at the older 6.0 IPSW, but otherwise the process is pretty much the same as any other recent tethered jailbreak. The simple walkthrough below guides you through the process, but the Redsn0w app itself also is fairly explanatory these days.

Before beginning, it?s a good idea to perform a manual backup, this lets you easily undo the jailbreak without losing anything. Use iCloud to backup manually or go the traditional route with iTunes, but don?t skip this step.

Update to iOS 6.0.1 [/URL]if you haven?t done so yet, use OTA, iTunes, or with the 6.0.1 IPSW

Get the latest version of redsn0w (Mac OS X[/URL]) (Windows)

Get a local copy of iOS 6 IPSW for your device[/URL]

Launch Redsn0w, click ?Extras?, then ?Select IPSW?, and choose the iOS 6.0 IPSW file you just downloaded, then go back to the main Redsn0w screen and choose ?Jailbreak?

Follow on screen instructions to enter DFU mode by holding the Power button for 3 seconds, then while holding Power also hold the Home button for 5 seconds, finally release Power button but hold home button for another 15 seconds, Redsn0w will notify you when DFU has been successful

Be sure to check auto boot in Redsn0w to automatically boot the device tethered upon restart, if you missed that step go to the primary redsn0w window and select ?Extras? followed by ?Just Boot? to boot tethered

When iOS reboots you should find Cydia on the home screen, signifying the jailbreak was successful. If you don?t see it or it doesn?t launch, you probably didn?t boot tethered, which is required. The whole tethering thing is the primary downside to these types of jailbreaks, as you?ll need to connect it to a computer with Redsnow each time the device reboots or runs out of battery.

If you decide to undo the jailbreak, just connect the iPhone or iPod touch to the computer and choose Restore, selecting the most recent backup stored locally or within iTunes.

11-2-12

Source

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hehe nice battery usage since iOS 6.01 on my iPhone 4S I install in DFU Mode fresh full install take a look at this almost as good as my iPhone 4.
😜

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352765625.864386.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1352765625.864386.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 76

d.scythe

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
is IOS 6.0 or 6.0.1 you all talking about?
need some advice though seems like i'm goin to leave IOS 5.1.1 to IOS 6.0.1 by force... (_ _ )'

kevin smith 619

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I updated iOS 6 with Gold Master last week so I've been using it for a while now on my iPhone 4S, and yes, the battery does drain faster. I did a restore from backup, but people say to install as new phone... I just wanted to keep my stuff.

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, like i said it's all about how you're using your phone. The most important thing that i did was reset all settings (general->reset->reset all settings). After that i just optimized my phone accordingly to my usage and what i need. So you should consider this:

- general-> privacy-> location services (if there's anything you're not using just disable it.) Also go to system services. In my case everything but cell network search is off.
- don't push your e-mail. My advice is to fetch every 30min/1h. Just test it and you'll see the difference.
- Wi-Fi/3G - disable when you're not using it, especially 3G. It really helps to extend your battery when for example you're at home and have Wi-Fi.
- bluetooth, personally i haven't used it since i got my phone so it's off.
- brightness, my is about 25-30% and i used to it, it's really not a big deal + auto brightness is off
- notifications, i'll not talk about it because everyone need difference things.
- music-> EQ-> OFF
- auto-lock-> 1 min

I have one reminder based on a location, i have siri enabled, i'm browsing + messages + phone. All this and my battery it's pretty good. Hopefully it'll stay this way as long as possible.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal