Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

13 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

Default Lost contacts after flight

Earlier today my husband & I hopped on a flight for our vacation. I turned my phone off for the duration of thr flight. When I turned it back on I got an odd message that flashed across the screen that said my password to my Exchange email acct was wrong. Odd, I thought. Fast Forward a few hours, I'm laying in our hotel & I tried to reset the password, it wouldn't connect so I decided to delete it & reinstall it. My contacts all disappeared & I don't know what that acct had to do with my contacts in the first place. This is so weird and, of course, I'm in a strange city with NONE of the phone numbers I need!!!

Any ideas?
    iMore Intermediate

144 Posts

When you delete the exchange account the contacts synced from that account disappear as well. They should have come back when you re added the account though. You can try and see if they synched to iCloud

Ya your contacts are stored on the exchange account you remove the account from phone and contacts go also but they will come back once you add account back