Best way to do a restore as new?

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
So along with others my battery life is terrible after OS6. I want to restore as new...what is the best way people have found to get all their apps back the way they were as far as the folders and such? Is there no way to restore just the apps or the ones installed etc?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So along with others my battery life is terrible after OS6. I want to restore as new...what is the best way people have found to get all their apps back the way they were as far as the folders and such? Is there no way to restore just the apps or the ones installed etc?

I suggest you plug your device to your computer and restore as new via iTunes. Afterwards, simply fire up the App Store app on your device, go to the updates section and when the word, "Purchased", appear I. The screen, select it. It will display every app and game you've ever downloaded using the Apple ID you signed in with. From there, just re-download the ones you want. You will NOT have to re-pay for apps you've already paid for.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I suggest you plug your device to your computer and restore as new via iTunes. Afterwards, simply fire up the App Store app on your device, go to the updates section and when the word, "Purchased", appear I. The screen, select it. It will display every app and game you've ever downloaded using the Apple ID you signed in with. From there, just re-download the ones you want. You will NOT have to re-pay for apps you've already paid for.

No offense but when you're like me and have hundreds of apps, all meticulously organized into folders, this isn't exactly an ideal solution.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No offense but when you're like me and have hundreds of apps, all meticulously organized into folders, this isn't exactly an ideal solution.

No offense taken and you're right, it isn't "ideal", but if you want a better chance at resolving problems, restoring and resetting the device as new has proven to be very effective in my experience.

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
No offense taken and you're right, it isn't "ideal", but if you want a better chance at resolving problems, restoring and resetting the device as new has proven to be very effective in my experience.

Yeah it's worked for me in the past as well. It was a huge pain but it did work. I found it was faster to sync my apps with itunes rather than redownloading them all from the phone. I just went through itunes, deleted the ones I didn't want to be on my phone, then clicked sync. Voila!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's worked for me in the past as well. It was a huge pain but it did work. I found it was faster to sync my apps with itunes rather than redownloading them all from the phone. I just went through itunes, deleted the ones I didn't want to be on my phone, then clicked sync. Voila!

Oh I concur 100%. My focus is on restoring to solve a problem with an unknown cause. Know what i mean? Other than that, re-syncing is definitely the way to go. ;)

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No cables for me. I have done restoe as new a couple times. just works better for me. But both ways work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234