iPhone 4S and an unforgiving Genius Bar

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Well drive two hours to my nearest apple retail store to have the Genius Bar check out my random restarting and locking up 4S. I get there 10 minutes late which is my fault I know. Traffic was a as was construction. Apple pretty much tells me tough #### and I have to wait now until 6. This is my wife's first replacement for her iPhone 4S (hopefully, but I won't know until 6!!!!), but she went through 3 iPhone 4's (broken glass right out of the box on 1, malfunctioning pin connector port on the other)! Anyone else have these kinds of issues? On a side note the iPhone 5 is pretty sweet. Tempted to just buy one and say to hell with waiting!!! So, how's everyone else's Monday coming along?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow I'm surprised they made you wait over 10 min when I have a had a appt and had to wait 30 past it .. Def get it replaced then upgrade and sell the 4s lol

boweveljoe

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It depends on the apple store. That sucks that they made you wait that long. Sometimes they will fit you in when someone does not show up for their app. Hopefully thats what happens.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago (thankfully my Apple stores are not quite that extreme in distance from me)...We have two Apple stores in the downtown Atlanta area...one of them is in a higher scale area and one is in a more suburban area. The one closer to midtown tends to be less forgiving (and in turn less helpful unless you get lucky). I actually stopped using our closest one and drove to the other location about 10min. away and found the service to be 100% better. Some stores are just less courteous and more concerned with getting high volumes of customers out the door with hardware.

Now that doesn't help you obviously since the only one close to you is still 2 hours away as you said, but something that might help you is a tactic my wife used the last time we ran into an unapologetic Apple nazi...raise a stink, and take it to a level you feel comfortable with without making yourself seem like a horses ass. She actually stopped the lady we were initially talking to mid sentence and walked to another apple person that was walking by and asked if he could help (and he did!). Apple stores do NOT want you pissed off in their stores, and they'll bend over backwards to essentially shut you up...the problem we had was certainly of no cause of our own, but even if it had been, there's a level of service you expect from Apple, and when you don't receive it, make it known (i bet you'll get treated better at that point).

Those appointment times are loose for them, why can't they be loose for us as well? I've waited 15-20min. after my appointment time to be helped, they should have the same courtesy to the customers, since that's the ONLY reason they have a job in the first place. Don't let some youngster walk on you so easily if you ever find yourself in that same situation, you might end up with a little extra (in my wife's case, she ended up with an extra USB charging cord for free, lol.)

---------- Post Merged at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Also, during a major hardware launch, those stores are buzzing with people and can be down right chaotic...keep that in mind when you're trying to make an appointment (that doesn't excuse a 10min. difference though, that should have been no problem for them).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar experience a couple of years ago (thankfully my Apple stores are not quite that extreme in distance from me)...We have two Apple stores in the downtown Atlanta area...one of them is in a higher scale area and one is in a more suburban area. The one closer to midtown tends to be less forgiving (and in turn less helpful unless you get lucky). I actually stopped using our closest one and drove to the other location about 10min. away and found the service to be 100% better. Some stores are just less courteous and more concerned with getting high volumes of customers out the door with hardware.

Now that doesn't help you obviously since the only one close to you is still 2 hours away as you said, but something that might help you is a tactic my wife used the last time we ran into an unapologetic Apple nazi...raise a stink, and take it to a level you feel comfortable with without making yourself seem like a horses ass. She actually stopped the lady we were initially talking to mid sentence and walked to another apple person that was walking by and asked if he could help (and he did!). Apple stores do NOT want you pissed off in their stores, and they'll bend over backwards to essentially shut you up...the problem we had was certainly of no cause of our own, but even if it had been, there's a level of service you expect from Apple, and when you don't receive it, make it known (i bet you'll get treated better at that point).

Those appointment times are loose for them, why can't they be loose for us as well? I've waited 15-20min. after my appointment time to be helped, they should have the same courtesy to the customers, since that's the ONLY reason they have a job in the first place. Don't let some youngster walk on you so easily if you ever find yourself in that same situation, you might end up with a little extra (in my wife's case, she ended up with an extra USB charging cord for free, lol.)

---------- Post Merged at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Also, during a major hardware launch, those stores are buzzing with people and can be down right chaotic...keep that in mind when you're trying to make an appointment (that doesn't excuse a 10min. difference though, that should have been no problem for them).

A plus to your wife lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A plus to your wife lol

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !

She is a hot blooded Cuban, and the day someone decides to try and test that, I'm running as fast as i can in the opposite direction of that inevitable ground zero spot. ;)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
She is a hot blooded Cuban, and the day someone decides to try and test that, I'm running as fast as i can in the opposite direction of that inevitable ground zero spot. ;)

Sounds like she would get along great with my wife haha I'm the same once she steps in I'm out of there ASAP

KJowers

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
No flexibility at the store. It is busy as hell, and I talked to three different people. Going back at 6. I may need bail money if they don't replace this phone though......:)