Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

13 Posts

Default Battery Level.. Possible Warranty Replacement?

Looking for some help on my battery.

I think the battery is not holding anything near to charge it did when it was new nearly a year ago. I could go all day with it then, now I need to plug in by mid-afternoon for a charge.

How can I tell if my battery is holding enough charge (or lack of enough charge) to warrant a replacement?

I really want to save the several of hours of time a visit to the store will take if it still holds enough charge. I have AppleCare so I can wait, but the lack of juice is frustrating. I feel like the phone is an Android the way to sucks down the battery now.

iMore Newbie

13 Posts

Default Re: Battery Level.. Possible Warranty Replacement?

I am aware that the battery on the iPhone 4 and 4S has a premium life of between 12 to 24 months. Also, most people do not wait for the battery to drain completely and then re charge them. The more you use it the more the battery is diminished. I am not sure if Apple will replace it, good luck you have nothing to lose. You can always change the battery yourself but be careful I purchased a cheap crappy battery for my iPhone 4 from ebay and it was very poor. I then purchased an original battery from a quality website and a year on the iPhone charge is holding well!!