Now that the IP5 is out, would you get a 4S or a 4?

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't use many apps on my phone since I carry my iPad but If I get an iPhone it needs to be unlocked has I have Orange in France. No apps are available on Blackberry and the browser is very slow. it would be nice to use iCloud with my Mac Air and my iPad. I would be paying full retail. $450 for the 4, $550 for the 4S and $699 for the 5 ($699 is getting a bit crazy for a phone).

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd definitely go 4S. You'll miss out on the better features of iOS 6 if you get the 4. (No Siri, dictation, turn by turn navigation, panorama mode, etc.)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Being that my current device is the 4S and I am still content with it, I can easily say yes to your question. Yes as in I would get the 4S.

Last edited:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
This. I also have the 4s. It all depends on what you want to spend and if you care about certain features. All 3 devices are good though. It's all up to what you want.

Sent from my 4s using Tapatalk

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
4S is the least phone you should buy. The speed difference is huge, camera is much better, abs you'll get more features out of the software updates down the road.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Think of it this way: in less than a year, the 4 is going to be in the position the 3GS is in now. For $100 extra the 4S is a no-brainer.

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When you factor in the extra cost for the iPhone 5 and the future proofing I would saw that its a better deal. However this is only if you are someone who keeps a phone longer then 1 year.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this is an option, but I think getting a Verizon iPhone 5 is gsm unlocked, so you can se it on orange.
That way, you do not have to pay full price if you get a subsidized phone from Verizon

StephenBB81

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
You should look at getting the iPhone4S used, I suspect there will be people selling used ones you can unlock in the $300 range,

Not being a fan of the device myself having held both the iPhone4S and the iPhone5 yesterday I prefer the iPhone4S of all touchscreen devices the iPhone4S is the most comfortable to hold and use, the longer iPhone5 isn't as comfortable and is almost so thin that it REQUIRES a case to use for long periods of time.

iRetired

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
4S is a no-brainer. Rock solid, no lag, iOS6 runs fast, all of my 3rd party apps have already updated through iTunes - so a big thanks to all the devs I've supported.

Plus, if I bought an i5, I'd have to spend an equal amount on new cases. Not happening...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The 4S is a fine piece of hardware, it has fantastic features and is still a beautiful phone...that said, after using the iPhone 5, i could not imagine going back to the 4S (especially when it comes to data speeds). Is the 4S worth the price to buy? Yes. Is it better to save and buy the iPhone 5? Yes.

ernbrdn

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm content with my 4s still an amazing piece of kit. If I didn't have an iphone though, I would definitely pay more for the iPhone 5. It's not much different than the 4S right now, but a year or two down the road it will be alot different. ie. Turn by turn on 4s not on 4, Siri on 4s not the 4. I can only imagine in the next os release the 4s will be dropped out and left out of the "cool" stuff.

Aubre34

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I opted for the 4s because a 32gb is now 199! A 16gb iPhone 5 is 199. Get the 4s and get more bang for your buck memory wise anyway

Motorbones

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I got the 4S on day one last year. It's still a stellar performer and I'm happy with it. There's nothing the new iPhone 5 does that would make me want to bail on it at this point so I'll probably wait for the 5S or 6 or whatever it will be. However, if I didn't have a phone or was due for a new one, I would probably wait at lease a couple more weeks and see what happens with the current flood of complaints and then decide. If things looked OKay, then I'd probably get the iPhone 5 simply because it'll stay updatedable longer than the 4S.

I will say this much: For all the crap that was put out there about the 4S not going far enough, I think at at this moment and time, it's proving itself to still being a great phone, all things considered...