Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ThePinkChameleon
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

30 Posts

Default How long do you keep your idevices

Thinking back to when I first got a cell many years ago I remember I would keep them for most of the contract and hated paying money for a phone. These days it seems most people replace their cells faster then most other products. So my question to you all is how long do you keep your idevices. I still have my 2ng gen iPod touch but have sold and upgraded from an original iPad to the new iPad, and I have an iPhone 4s.
    iMore Elite

2,588 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,069 Global Posts

Still have my:
    Treo 300
    Treo 600
    Storm2 ( I use this as my iPod)
    All of the above are in a drawer along with cables & chargers.

My Handspring Visor and Prism are missing. Might be at the bottom of the drawer but too much crap to go through to look..

Good Luck
    iMore Genius

4,232 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,977 Global Posts

I still have 2 iPod 3rd gens, an iPad 1st gen and of course, my 4S that I will have a yr come this Nov 4th. I plan on keeping all till they decide to break down. Then I'll worry about replacing when the time comes
    Fit24 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

202 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

I just purchased my fifth iDevice. heh.

iPod Mini - 2nd gen
    iPod Touch - 2nd gen
    iPhone 4 - soon to be replaced
    iPad 2
    iPhone 5 - it'll be here Friday!
    iMore Genius

8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

I keep my phones about a year... then pass them down to the kids... computers, I keep until they quit. iPads, iPods, etc, I tend to keep for quite a while... still have my 160GB iPod classic and my 3rd gen iPod touch...

Oh heck, I've had way too many phones to have kept them. The only one I still have is my HTC EVO 4G and I'm sure I will give it away or donate it at some point in time like I've done with my other phones. *If* I purchase the iPhone 5, I will more than likely give my iPhone 4S to my son.
    iMore Elite

2,454 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

I had my 3GS for 1 year, my 4 for 2 years and plan having the 5 for 2 years.
    iMore Expert

835 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,089 Global Posts

I keep my devices for at least 2 years. I plan on keeping my iPhone 4s until it stops working.
    iMore Newbie

42 Posts

I still have 2 iPod 3rd gens and iPhone 3gs with me
    iPhone Newbie

44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

For my iPod Nano (3G) I still have with me. I gave away my 3GS when I got my iPhone 4S last year. So, for any Apple product I have (Macbook, Apple TV), I will keep it as long as it works. For my iPhones, every two years.
    iMore Guru

1,922 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,654 Global Posts

Red face

With my BlackBerrys, I was changing about every two months because of warranty replacements. I couldn't wait to get rid of one model and get another because I hated the phones and the problems that came with them.

I'll keep my 4s until it stops working. This is the first phone since my Motorola StarTac that I have been truly happy with and I have no need to upgrade.

3,421 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

Still have original iPhone. it's still a piece of history.

Had the 3GS gave it to my 21 year old nephew who must have used it as a hockey puck. When I tried to get it back when he got a 4 he said the antennae came off. HUH? WTF