iPhone 4s overheating...HELP :-(

smallfry341

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I am having trouble with one of my iPhones I bought to repair. This one is having overheating troubles and I have no clue how to fix this. It does not charge when plugged into the computer but when I put a fresh battery with a charge in the phone it powers on just fine but heats up extremely fast and shows the temperature warning on the screen. The heat is coming from the part of the mother board just above the connector for the docking port. It also does not appear in iTunes when plugged in. I have fixed many iPhones before but I can't seem to find a way to fix these problems.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
FYI...all 4S's are under warranty until October 14th, 2012 (granted there is no water damage and your repair methods are not obvious to the Apple store employees)...this time frame covers the original 1 year factory warranty.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
FYI...all 4S's are under warranty until October 14th, 2012 (granted there is no water damage and your repair methods are not obvious to the Apple store employees)...this time frame covers the original 1 year factory warranty.

That's correct. Or it is under a 1 year factory warranty from the date of purchase. So even if you're not the
original owner and the owner bought the phone new on February 16th, 2012 (as an example), it is under
warranty until February 16th, 2013. When you take it in Apple will know when it was purchased.

smallfry341

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, well I have changed the battery, the charging port has obviously been changed, and its possible the screen was changed as well. All of these things mean the phone is no longer under apple care. I would still like to fix the overheating problem if anyone has any help to offer that does not include getting a new iPhone please share... Thanks.

ros3ntan

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thats the only way without breaking open into the phone. But i would not recommend a do it yourself fix as it can void your warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe your charging port is bad ?
I know you changed it but still

Did the phone have water damage ?

If you have another working phone to take parts from I would try one diff part at a time till you find the issue if that don't work it has to be the board

tracy08

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
It seems that your charging Port is defected, bring your iPhone to nearest Apple Store even if you are not a first owner.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro