Voice to text and Siri not working

Jdhiker

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Anyone finding that Siri is not responding or voice to type isn't either? Wonder if it's a Verizon thing right now. I did reboot it but still taking forever to respond to my voice

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I have att and it doesnt work for me either....i have 2 friends on att...one jailbroken and one is not...and the one that is not jailbroken siri works but not on the other one....

I have no idea what'a happening

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Siri is not working for me either...I'm on AT&T. This is what Siri responds with...

"I'm really sorry about this, but I can't take any requests right now. Please try again in a little while."

zayragiselle

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
im calling apple right now...i will update as soon as i get new info

Update:

they fixed it...all i had to do was reset all settings...maybe this will help someone...

Last edited:

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Siri has been working for me, but the voice to text wasn't.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(iPhone 4S, Tapatalk)

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
so is it just not working on jail broken devices? I wonder if Apple finally is putting its foot down and starting to brick features on those devices. My 4S is jail-broke and both Siri, and speech to text are down

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's not the jailbreak that's causing the issue...mine is jailbroken but my wife's is not, and hers is having the same problems.

I reset my network settings and I'm still having the problem.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Im on Sprint and mine's down too. I didn't realize you need an Internet connection for simple voice texting.

crackercraig#IM

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My wife's been having intermittent problems with her vioce to text and I had a problem only once. I did have something else strange happen today. While I was sending a text my phone completely froze and shut off then rebooted.
We both have the 4s on at&t and neither of us are jailbroken.

Since this is a problem on not just one carrier is it an Apple server issue?

My Wife was always on Verizon and always had a Blackberry with no issues. I finally after about a year was able to convince her to switch to at&t and get the 4s. Now she thinks the phone sucks and thinks at&t sucks. Try telling a woman who knows everything that she is wrong. lol

any input on what the issue is?

Morac

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Neither Siri nor dictation are working for my iPhone 4S (AT&T). It's not jailbroken. I've seen sporadic reports of Siri/dictation not working on Twitter and Apple's message boards. It's likely a server problem. I'm getting nothing for dictation and "uh oh there's a problem" or "I didn't get that" for Siri.

Reseting settings causes the phone to grab a new server token for Siri (and possible dictation as well). That's probably hit or miss depending on whether the phone grabs a token for a good or bad server.

I'm assuming the problems are related to upgrades being done for the release of iOS 6.

Edit:

It's being reported on TechCrunch now.

Siri, Why Are You Having Trouble Connecting? | TechCrunch

Last edited:

jf1450

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
Been intermittent for me also the last two or three days. 5.1.1 Verizon southeast VA northeast NC.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why even if I try the voice input on iMessage or WhatsApp it still doesn't work. I too didn't realize that any voice input requires data/server connection.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Siri and voice recognition have been out for me for most of the day. This is the first time this has happened since having my iPhone. I wonder how long its going to last. Hopefully not too long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711