wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ahhhh...see i dont and have never used google email, nothing of the sort. So for someone like you, who does, the ecosystem as far as the google world goes works for you:) awesome!

Now for music, your not able to drag & drop onto the sgs3? :confused: I would imagine that you can, but i guess your referring more to the itunes store to buy and directly download? something like that? or store it in the cloud ??

Yes, I can drag and drop but my iTunes ready car stereo, my Apple TV, AirPlay radio...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
So you switched to a GS3 despite getting worse battery life than your 4S and having a whole Apple ecosystem with your other devices... So this made sense how exactly? Lol :p

Trust me - once the novelty wears off you'll be either back to your 4S or holding a nice shiny new 5 in your hands. :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
@ mistah_mumford: There's an app in the Android Market called Music Manager. It will let you bring all your music from iTunes, into your Android device. Also i hear that DoubleTwist works great, but i haven't tried it. I've also been checking out that SGS3. Pretty sweet!:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
So you switched to a GS3 despite getting worse battery life than your 4S and having a whole Apple ecosystem with your other devices... So this made sense how exactly? Lol :p

Trust me - once the novelty wears off you'll be either back to your 4S or holding a nice shiny new 5 in your hands. :)

Maybe, maybe not

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
@ mistah_mumford: There's an app in the Android Market called Music Manager. It will let you bring all your music from iTunes, into your Android device. Also i hear that DoubleTwist works great, but i haven't tried it. I've also been checking out that SGS3. Pretty sweet!:)

Cool, thanks for the tip!

Glass of OJ

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Here's my two cents.

For what the iPhone does, it does it better. App store, music, UI, troubleshooting ease, accessories, its all better. The only place where Android wins is where Apple doesn't compete in. Now Androids are a lot more feature packed, but what wins me over with iPhone is that the core experience is much better. To really learn all the ins and outs of an Android system it will take time I don't want to spend learning it. With iOS everything is just common sense. 

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's my two cents.

For what the iPhone does, it does it better. App store, music, UI, troubleshooting ease, accessories, its all better. The only place where Android wins is where Apple doesn't compete in. Now Androids are a lot more feature packed, but what wins me over with iPhone is that the core experience is much better. To really learn all the ins and outs of an Android system it will take time I don't want to spend learning it. With iOS everything is just common sense. 

Excellent point. I can attest to the ease with which I picked up in iOS when I originally made the jump from Android to iOS.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
For me, it's all about the customizations. I used to have to jailbreak my iPhone to get it to look the way that i wanted it to. Not so, with the Android. Upgrades to the IOS, always deleted my jailbreak, and i was not too fond of that. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is a great phone, and if you're happy with it, that's all that matters. If you want to be convinced to switch to Android, then read up on them in the Android Forums, or go to your cell provider, and have one of the reps explain it to you. Good luck.:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
It's getting better daily. Now it's 4:20 and still haven't hit the yellow and I'm headed home for the day!!!!

Oops, just turned yellow but that's an hour later than yesterday. Lol

TeaTimeAlice

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotta say like others I'm loving going through this thread! Everyone is so nice about each others opinions and I love reading what some of you like and don't like on each device :)

I've been back and forth between iPhone and various Androids. I get bored with the iPhone, then switch to an android where I find the battery life to never be as good, and then switch back. Love the easy customization on the android! Don't have to jailbreak or anything for it, one of my absolute favorite things (keeps me from getting too bored :p ).

Recently bought the S3 just to see all the improvements over the years. Have to say I do love this device for the most part, best battery life of any android I've used for sure (still not as good as my trusty iPhone), fast everything, and love the motion actions (calling when in a text message and the screen shot being my most used). I am having a hard time with the screen size though. I have fairly small hands but thought I could handle this beast...maybe not so much haha. Can't reach the top of the screen for the notification bar as easily as I could on other phones (one handed of course) which makes my hand cramp up a little after a while. And after this AT&T update the keyboard doesn't autocorrect for me like it used to. I misspell way more often and have to back track so I don't look like I'm drunk! Hahaha.

Quick question while I'm posting here, does the new iOS 6 slow down the 4s at all? Just wondering as I may switch back.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
And after this AT&T update the keyboard doesn't autocorrect for me like it used to. I misspell way more often and have to back track so I don't look like I'm drunk! Hahaha.

If your having issues with the keyboard definitely get SwiftKey 3 it makes the keyboard work just like the iphone one and for me was the easiest transition from iphone to S3.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
If your having issues with the keyboard definitely get SwiftKey 3 it makes the keyboard work just like the iphone one and for me was the easiest transition from iphone to S3.

Tap'n Like a boss on my S3

Just downloaded it and it is very iOS like. Pretty good keyboard.

Tough to say whether it will pull Me away from Swype though. Lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
After a week, I'm missing some of the things that made my immersion into the iOS ecosystem so great like Apple Tv and my car stereo. I've not listened to any music, other than the radio, since the switch.

:(

And what's different than any other time is that the phone itself is GREAT! Lol

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
After a week, I'm missing some of the things that made my immersion into the iOS ecosystem so great like Apple Tv and my car stereo. I've not listened to any music, other than the radio, since the switch.

:(

And what's different than any other time is that the phone itself is GREAT! Lol

I'm glad to hear your enjoying it m! I'm STILL debating with myself LOL On one spectrum, i've heard good things about the gs3 and how very "iOS-ish" it is, which i could dig. THEN on the other hand, i love my 4S and how it works etc. and i'd probably miss it....even my hubby was like "yea you'd def miss your iphone" LOL

So, needless to say, i'm still wrestling myself with this....and i thought i was past it last week:p LOL (and even tho i know i want the i5 also!)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad to hear your enjoying it m! I'm STILL debating with myself LOL On one spectrum, i've heard good things about the gs3 and how very "iOS-ish" it is, which i could dig. THEN on the other hand, i love my 4S and how it works etc. and i'd probably miss it....even my hubby was like "yea you'd def miss your iphone" LOL

So, needless to say, i'm still wrestling myself with this....and i thought i was past it last week:p LOL (and even tho i know i want the i5 also!)

I honestly believe when I get back to town that I'm activating my 4S again. My brother in law told me I'd be back. Lol

mfm77

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I went to the Verizon store last week to play around with the iPhone 5 and the GS3, just to see what made the Samsung phone so different. Even though I have a MacBook and an iPad, I had considered switching to a GS3 after seeing the iPhone 5, a solid and sleek - but not significantly different - iPhone. I liked the GS3, but I'm sticking with Apple all the way because I realized it's not the hardware that I had issue with, but iOS. People can say what they want, but iOS has become rather stale and dated and is in need of some significant changes, in terms of both cosmetics and basic functionality. I don't think any of us were clamoring for Passbook (unless it meant NFC), were we? It shouldn't take me multiple steps to turn wifi or Bluetooth on/off, etc. Live widgets for weather and stocks also can't be hard to implement, can they? The bottom line: stick with Apple and hope the next version of iOS offers more than Facebook integration and a new maps app. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711