wow! this 4S in my hand is feeling pretty dated right now

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Been on Wi-Fi all day but this is a FAR cry from previous Android experience...

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349105635632.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349105635632.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 63

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

ok, so myself, never being on android - i'm guessing this good ?? lol.

---------- Post Merged at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:00 PM ----------

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:00 PM ----------

It likely won't be to you because you're used to getting like 6 days on a charge! ;)

But, for me who is at a point where all I really need you to do is get me through my work day without charging, then it's good. Plus, it's MUCH better than my previous Android experience. When I tried the Razr (not the Maxx) I was charging up from 12% at lunch time. Not good...

But again, this is only day one. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It likely won't be to you because you're used to getting like 6 days on a charge! ;)

But, for me who is at a point where all I really need you to do is get me through my work day without charging, then it's good. Plus, it's MUCH better than my previous Android experience. When I tried the Razr (not the Maxx) I was charging up from 12% at lunch time. Not good...

But again, this is only day one. LOL

Lmao, let's not get outta hand here! :p I can stretch my 4S 2-1/2days if need be, but on average now because I use it more than I used to, I can go 1-1/2 to 2days. So basically your telling me here that with the sgs3 I could probably stretch it to 2-1/2-3 days then? I average about 4 hrs usage a day in average, sometimes a little more. It really depends on the day. I'm just trying to gauge an estimate here:)

So for you day 1 is going well;) :) nice!!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Lmao, let's not get outta hand here! :p I can stretch my 4S 2-1/2days if need be, but on average now because I use it more than I used to, I can go 1-1/2 to 2days. So basically your telling me here that with the sgs3 I could probably stretch it to 2-1/2-3 days then? I average about 4 hrs usage a day in average, sometimes a little more. It really depends on the day. I'm just trying to gauge an estimate here:)

So for you day 1 is going well;) :) nice!!

So far so good. Normally I'm off the charger around 7am and I charge on my way home from work. This morning I came off the charger about an hour and a half earlier then the wife decided she wanted to stay home today. Lol Here's where I stand after almost 10 hours...

Screen has been on for 4h 33m...So imagine if I want using it so much LOL

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349118048856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349118048856.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 49

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, looking good m!! oh, btw, my son uses the razr maxx, loves it & he too gets great battery life on it:) he unplugs about 7am, goes all day using it, plugs in anywhere from 10pm-12m and at that time he still has anywhere from 40-60% left. to me, thats really good!!

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:29 PM ----------

ok, looking good m!! oh, btw, my son uses the razr maxx, loves it & he too gets great battery life on it:) he unplugs about 7am, goes all day using it, plugs in anywhere from 10pm-12m and at that time he still has anywhere from 40-60% left. to me, thats really good!!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:29 PM ----------

That's VERY good! I'd likely never get that type of performance because I text and check Twitter throughout the day. Lol Tomorrow will be a real test because my signal isn't the strongest in the building at work. :(

In addition, I think I'm still so concerned about battery life from before that it forces me to use my phone less! Ha

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to throw my 2 cents in this thread... I still like the weight and feel of my 4S. I use a Seidio case with Holster for total protection and the weight,feel and look of my phone overall keeps me happy with it. I just plain like it and it does everything I need it to do both for business and personal use.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That's VERY good! I'd likely never get that type of performance because I text and check Twitter throughout the day. Lol Tomorrow will be a real test because my signal isn't the strongest in the building at work. :(

In addition, I think I'm still so concerned about battery life from before that it forces me to use my phone less! Ha

Yea, he txs and does FB, with some emails through out the day as well. No twitter tho. As for your signal at work in th building, now that could be challenging. I know when I go to the malls around here, because the walls are so dense my battery looses quite a few percent while I'm there, which can't be helped. Hopefully for you at work tomorrow will prove to be a good battery performance on the sgs3:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Yea, he txs and does FB, with some emails through out the day as well. No twitter tho. As for your signal at work in th building, now that could be challenging. I know when I go to the malls around here, because the walls are so dense my battery looses quite a few percent while I'm there, which can't be helped. Hopefully for you at work tomorrow will prove to be a good battery performance on the sgs3:)

Yeah, I'm extremely hopeful that it will make it through the entire work day without having to charge. Even if it struggles I know that outside of work it'll last me all day so I'm already pretty satisfied.

Aside from battery life I'll say that this GS3 is VERY iPhone'ish and that's a good thing. Lol

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Ended up having to put some charge on at around 2:30 down to 28% but with my signal struggling in the building I'm fine with that. The funny thing though Pink is that I'm back to checking batt stats. LOL. I'm done with that as of right now as well. Might keep the batt percentage turned on though. :(

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ended up having to put some charge on at around 2:30 down to 28% but with my signal struggling in the building I'm fine with that. The funny thing though Pink is that I'm back to checking batt stats. LOL. I'm done with that as of right now as well. Might keep the batt percentage turned on though. :(

Ok, well plugging in at 2:30 with the sgs3 at 28%, compared to needing to plug in at what time & percent with the 4S in the same atmosphere? So are you getting better battery life with the s3 then? With the signal struggling inside the building, thats not unheard of, of course you know that:)

As for you checking those batt stats again, we're gonna have to send you to battery stat intervention:p LOL

(maybe keeping the % off might help your anxiety a bit with it too:) )

---------- Post Merged at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Ok, well plugging in at 2:30 with the sgs3 at 28%, compared to needing to plug in at what time & percent with the 4S in the same atmosphere? So are you getting better battery life with the s3 then? With the signal struggling inside the building, thats not unheard of, of course you know that:)

As for you checking those batt stats again, we're gonna have to send you to battery stat intervention:p LOL

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Well, I typically wouldn't plug in the iPhone until I got the 20% warning IF I got the warning ! When I plugged in today in was in the yellow ! Slightly worse battery life than the 4S but sufficient ! I definitely used the S3 a good bit today.

I think I might turn the percentage off again. Lol only thing is, this phone doesn't give you a warning at a certain percentage. Well, maybe it does but at 28% the indicator turns yellow so I charge then. I haven't let it go into the red. LOL 28% is actually an odd number. Maybe there's something to be said for that. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I typically wouldn't plug in the iPhone until I got the 20% warning IF I got the warning ! When I plugged in today in was in the yellow ! Slightly worse battery life than the 4S but sufficient ! I definitely used the S3 a good bit today.

I think I might turn the percentage off again. Lol only thing is, this phone doesn't give you a warning at a certain percentage. Well, maybe it does but at 28% the indicator turns yellow so I charge then. I haven't let it go into the red. LOL 28% is actually an odd number. Maybe there's something to be said for that. LOL

Ok so at least you had a good turn out today:) and yeah, 28% is kinda of an odd point to hit the yellow zone lol. I wonder what percent the red zone puts you in?!? 18%? Lol.

---------- Post Merged at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:32 PM ----------

Ok so at least you had a good turn out today:) and yeah, 28% is kinda of an odd point to hit the yellow zone lol. I wonder what percent the red zone puts you in?!? 18%? Lol.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, tomorrow I'll try it with the percentage off like I was going on the 4S and also not look at the battery stats! Shoot, I'm gonna start right now...

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Started the day with the percentage on but turned it off at 70 percent. Got to just after 3:00 before the indicator went yellow. Unplugged this morning at around 6:45. I'm happy with what I'm getting with this device thus far. I'm sure you would get really good life out of yours Pink because I'm sure you don't pound on your device like I do mine. LOL

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Started the day with the percentage on but turned it off at 70 percent. Got to just after 3:00 before the indicator went yellow. Unplugged this morning at around 6:45. I'm happy with what I'm getting with this device thus far. I'm sure you would get really good life out of yours Pink because I'm sure you don't pound on your device like I do mine. LOL

LOL, no i most likely dont. overall from 630am today i'm up to about 2-1/2 - 3hrs. of usage as of now, and as late in the day as it is, probably wont be much more now either.

Well, i'm glad to hear your enjoying the sgs3 as of now, and that battery life is good for you:) I'm still on the fence about it, but at this point, i'm just about more leaning towards staying with my 4S, but eventually going to the i5. I just really like the way the 4S & iOS works for me:)

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
LOL, no i most likely dont. overall from 630am today i'm up to about 2-1/2 - 3hrs. of usage as of now, and as late in the day as it is, probably wont be much more now either.

Well, i'm glad to hear your enjoying the sgs3 as of now, and that battery life is good for you:) I'm still on the fence about it, but at this point, i'm just about more leaning towards staying with my 4S, but eventually going to the i5. I just really like the way the 4S & iOS works for me:)

Cool! I think the only thing I miss right now is the music integration! Both platforms are really nice but the total Google integration has me right now with my gmail being primary and all!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Cool! I think the only thing I miss right now is the music integration! Both platforms are really nice but the total Google integration has me right now with my gmail being primary and all!

Ahhhh...see i dont and have never used google email, nothing of the sort. So for someone like you, who does, the ecosystem as far as the google world goes works for you:) awesome!

Now for music, your not able to drag & drop onto the sgs3? :confused: I would imagine that you can, but i guess your referring more to the itunes store to buy and directly download? something like that? or store it in the cloud ??

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox